Australia Needs Skills Expo

Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:10 am
Just Joined

Dmac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australia Needs Skills Expo

Hi

I got an invite to this expo in March, has anyone been before? what can i expect?
Old Feb 29th 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice
Default Re: Australia Needs Skills Expo

Me too matey,share a taxi??Are there better areas in Aussie for electrical contracting work than others or is it swings n roundabouts.At the moment i'm not fussed too much about were to live or should i be??My first expo and going to Leeds in April.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

My OH is going to the one in London in March. A bit disappointing that I can't go too.... But I understand why they do it that way! Maybe he will see some of you there. Perth and Brisbane are experiencing lots of growth so should be plenty of jobs. That's not to say that elsewhere won't be the same though.
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

cjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nicecjgoodall is just really nice

Is the invite just for one person?

chris
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:35 am
Just Joined

jo1304 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
My OH is going to the one in London in March. A bit disappointing that I can't go too.... But I understand why they do it that way! Maybe he will see some of you there. Perth and Brisbane are experiencing lots of growth so should be plenty of jobs. That's not to say that elsewhere won't be the same though.
It's just come to my attention reading through the forum that its just one invite you get, my husband is waiting on an invite and we were hoping to both go. Can you confirm that it is just 1 invite you get please. Thanks
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jo1304
It's just come to my attention reading through the forum that its just one invite you get, my husband is waiting on an invite and we were hoping to both go. Can you confirm that it is just 1 invite you get please. Thanks
Yeah it is just one invite. Only the person whose details you gave when you registered for the expo are allowed in. I will go to London with my OH (we don't live too far away) and then find a coffee shop or something.

It's a bit silly really as we're both going to make the decision about where to move to etc. but they don't have capacity to fit in husbands, wives and all the children!

Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:53 am
Just Joined

Dmac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Janna and Nick
Yeah it is just one invite. Only the person whose details you gave when you registered for the expo are allowed in. I will go to London with my OH (we don't live too far away) and then find a coffee shop or something.

It's a bit silly really as we're both going to make the decision about where to move to etc. but they don't have capacity to fit in husbands, wives and all the children!

Yeah i know what you mean it should include partners too i ve got my appointment time booked for 10 30 on the sunday!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Porter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nicePorter is just really nice

Can't go then Dmac ,playing footy!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:17 am
Just Joined

International_Recruiter is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys just after some feedback from the expo... Don't hold back!

I was there looking for people to place with my clients here in Australia.... what did you think?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by International_Recruiter

I was there looking for people to place with my clients here in Australia.... what did you think?
Bit of a waste of time to be fair International_Recruiter . Too many people and not enough people at the stands to talk to all of them, not enough places at the seminar's etc. My OH went (Electrician) but didn't get anything from the expo that we already didn't know about from doing research beforehand. There is another thread on this site which has 200 odd replies (when I lasted checked) about what people thought of the expo.

As a recruiter, what are your views?
Old Mar 28th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Burkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura aboutBurkins has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by International_Recruiter

My OH went to the Expo and yes he did spend time queuing but if you know that the stand is looking for your trade/occupation then you will stand and queue for hours just in the slim hope that someone will offer you a job and a visa.