Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

Aussie Wiring Rules - Peer Course

Aussie Wiring Rules - Peer Course

Old Jan 20th 2011, 3:50 am
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future
Default Aussie Wiring Rules - Peer Course

Hi

Anyone want to buy the complete set of wiring regs books that i used for my peer course. These normally cost around $350. I will sell for half price. I am located on the Gold Coast.

Cheers
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 12:25 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aussie Wiring Rules - Peer Course

Originally Posted by r1c1
Hi

Anyone want to buy the complete set of wiring regs books that i used for my peer course. These normally cost around $350. I will sell for half price. I am located on the Gold Coast.

Cheers
will you not need them for your job?
or are you going straight in using australian standards
ie f**k it itll do or as its more commonly known
"she`ll be right mate"
Old Feb 7th 2011, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

sunnie days is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Steve how are you ,I'm from Ireland heading to Perth in march, by that time i will have the ARTC cert and will be hoping to do the two week course there, do you know if that course consists of the wiring regs and will i need to buy books for it , i have seen on other posts what it consists of eg health and safety motors and some domestic wiring but not a word about the rules book, If you could shed any light on the matter id be grateful
Old Feb 7th 2011, 6:56 pm
Unofficial Aussie

D_Dubz is an unknown quantity at this point

what books are in your set? and will you post to uk?
Old Feb 7th 2011, 7:30 pm
Just Joined

Mick00 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunnie days
Dear Steve how are you ,I'm from Ireland heading to Perth in march, by that time i will have the ARTC cert and will be hoping to do the two week course there, do you know if that course consists of the wiring regs and will i need to buy books for it , i have seen on other posts what it consists of eg health and safety motors and some domestic wiring but not a word about the rules book, If you could shed any light on the matter id be grateful
Hi Sunnie Days I'm from Dublin heading to Perth in June. Have you submitted all your things to the ARTC yet? Do you mind if I send you a PM with a few questions? Cheers
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

sunnie days is an unknown quantity at this point

hi micko your well ,are you taking the plunge to you are? what qustions do ya have mate , all this stuff is fierce annoying isn't it
Old Feb 7th 2011, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

r1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant futurer1c1 has a brilliant future

Books have now been sold. Sunnie- don't know what's needed for Perth. Sorry.
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

terence2727 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sunnie days
hey there , I'm heading to Brisbane in April, just wondering what exactly Ive to do when i arrive. I'm an electrician and i know about the peer college course but do i have to register first as a trades assistant? any info would be great help as Ive never been to that part of the world.. thanks Brian
Old Feb 23rd 2011, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by terence2727
hey there , I'm heading to Brisbane in April, just wondering what exactly Ive to do when i arrive. I'm an electrician and i know about the peer college course but do i have to register first as a trades assistant? any info would be great help as Ive never been to that part of the world.. thanks Brian
Hi Brian,
Your first step, once you have a visa, and I'm assuming you're going on a Working Holiday Visa is to apply for an ARTC (Australian Recognised Trade Certificate). Info on this at www.deewr.gov.au.
Note, you can't apply for this until you already have some kind of residents visa.
Regards Derren