ARTC Mechanic Cert Granted

Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:01 am
Just Joined

Adamp8700 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ARTC Mechanic Cert Granted

Originally Posted by derren7
Thank fook for that. My ARTC has been granted. What a relief.
Application was lodged on 21 Sept. and granted on 3 Nov. So, it seems the processing times are around 6 weeks, although my application was assessed by the QLD local trades committee if that makes any difference.
It appears that some of my previous employers weren't contacted either.
Big thanks to everyone on this site and special thanks must go to Steve O and Wendy whose advice over the years has been immense. Now the real fun begins.
Regards Derren
Hi Derren,

Congrats on getting your ARTC.
Im going to apply for mine soon, do you already have a visa? I did the VETASSESS and got an OTSR, I now have a case officer, but Im waiting to be told to do medical and police check. Should I wait for the visa before applying?

I see there are 2 ARTC applications, obviously I dont need it for migration form (because of OTSR). So that only leaves the other that asks for visa details.
Old Nov 6th 2011, 6:23 am
Just Joined

sydneyflu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by minty01
Just checked my emails and got a granted for my ARTC electrical mechanic application on Friday

Chuffed to bits and am booked on the PEER via distance learning for when the house sells and we finally get there.

If anyone wants any help or info on what i included just drop me a message.
Hi there, I'm currently based in Queensland and am waiting for my artc, I've heard that the capstone test is easier to do in South Australia. I've heard of people going through South Australia then converting to a Qld license. Does anyone have any info on this route. It would be greatly appreciated
Old Nov 6th 2011, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by minty01
Excellent news mate. Its a great feeling.
House sale plodding along and if it goes to plan we will be there for xmas.
Good luck Derren
Originally Posted by elect42
Good luck Derren, Ive to send mine in waiting for accountant to issue tax statements, so a little bit to go before we book flights at xmas for March time arrival.
Originally Posted by Adamp8700
Hi Derren,

Congrats on getting your ARTC.
Im going to apply for mine soon, do you already have a visa? I did the VETASSESS and got an OTSR, I now have a case officer, but Im waiting to be told to do medical and police check. Should I wait for the visa before applying?

I see there are 2 ARTC applications, obviously I dont need it for migration form (because of OTSR). So that only leaves the other that asks for visa details.
Thanks guys,
It is a big relief. Now we just have to sell our house and we'll be off. Going on a validation trip in early Jan. Best of luck to you all.

Adam,
Yeah, you can only apply for an ARTC after you have been granted a visa as you have to show proof of having a resident's visa as part of your application.
If you haven't already done so , then I reccommend that you read the application guidelines which I've attached below.
Best of luck
Regards Derren
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ARTC_ApplicantGuidelines.pdf (659.5 KB, 207 views)
Old Nov 14th 2011, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

DR_SURF is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys
my sparkie husband and I are going over next year on my 457 visa so he can work unrestricted.
I see that some people have applied from the Uk once they have the relevant visa even though you are supposed to actually be in OZ.
Has anyone ever had a problem with this? I can get an aussie address from a friend so this wont be a problem.

Also where are the definitions of a fitter vs a mechanic so we can get the application right?

cheers!
Old Nov 14th 2011, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Was a Londoner in Edinburgh... was a Jockney, now in Brisbane....I'm an ocker cockney
derren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud ofderren7 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DR_SURF
Hi guys
my sparkie husband and I are going over next year on my 457 visa so he can work unrestricted.
I see that some people have applied from the Uk once they have the relevant visa even though you are supposed to actually be in OZ.
Has anyone ever had a problem with this? I can get an aussie address from a friend so this wont be a problem.

Also where are the definitions of a fitter vs a mechanic so we can get the application right?

cheers!
Hi there,
I applied for mine from the UK recently with no problems. It must have been quite obvious that I applied from overseas, what with a UK postmark and air mail stickers on it.
Basically, a fitter is the equivalent of a maintenance spark and a mechanic is an installation spark. The mechanic is the one to go for as your OH maybe restricted in the kind of work he would be able to perform. You can apply for both fitter and mechanic on your application if he has experience in both of these fields.
Regards Derren
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Derren,
who told you that your only able to apply for the TRA after you have the Visa, i think you may find that your able to apply for both at the same time, seeming Vet is there to assess your application to migrate & TRA are there to access your qualifications & trade experience.??
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Derren,
who told you that your only able to apply for the TRA after you have the Visa, i think you may find that your able to apply for both at the same time, seeming Vet is there to assess your application to migrate & TRA are there to access your qualifications & trade experience.??
Hi Arthur,
It stated in the ARTC applicant guidelines that you must show proof of Australian residency in order to apply for an ARTC.
Regards Derren
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Part 4

question when did you arrive in oz?
I am applying from uk so do I leave blank I know this has been mentioned before somewere, but seeing you guys are on here, what did you right?

Looking to post this tomorrow got everything sorted and about to pay online application fee!

Yoohooo
Old Nov 14th 2011, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Part 4

question when did you arrive in oz?
I am applying from uk so do I leave blank I know this has been mentioned before somewere, but seeing you guys are on here, what did you right?

Looking to post this tomorrow got everything sorted and about to pay online application fee!

Yoohooo
Hi mate,
I applied in sept and just put in an anticipated arrival date of Nov 2011.
Best of luck.
Regards Derren
Old Nov 15th 2011, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

derren7;
they must have changed it all mate
Old Nov 15th 2011, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

woodymcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
derren7;
they must have changed it all mate
They have changed it mate, luckily just after I applied , a Program officer at TRA told me that due to the backlog you now have to be resident...
Old Nov 16th 2011, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

elect42 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by woodymcfc
They have changed it mate, luckily just after I applied , a Program officer at TRA told me that due to the backlog you now have to be resident...

Says on the ARTC site
I highlighten in BOLD that aslong you have a visa to work in OZ you can get ARTC thats what I interpreted as:-

To be granted an ARTC you will need to:
a) be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen, hold a New Zealand Passport or hold a visa that allows you to temporarily reside and work in your trade in Australia; and
b) understand the other eligibility requirements for the ARTC as set out in section 2.4 of these Guidelines before starting an application.

Its doesnt say on the site not for oversea applications?
There is also a question in ARTC app mentioning which state are you going to live in.

Address I put my UK address in it, I know theydont post to it, but from what Ive read you collect it when arriving?
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:00 am
BE Enthusiast

elect42;
If you meet all requirements for migration you shall get the entry visa for migration, upon arriving you can then apply to the TRA for the assessment of your skills, then they post the cert to your Australian address.

You may find that they don't send the cert to the UK address if you can get it then good luck to you, but in reality i think that's not going to happen.

expect a wait of about 10 weeks or so from the time TRA receive your application, its up to you to provide the correct evidence to the TRA for the right skills assessment & i can assure you if you don't do it right & you get the incorrect cert then you can reapply providing you supply more evidence of skills & types of work you have performed.

i can email you if you like on how to do it all for the TRA, remember do this right or it may be a rocky Rd for you.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

biggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to allbiggaf is a name known to all

Hi All,
I've just got my visa last Friday and I'm in the same boat as you regarding artc, because this seems the quickest route. At nearly 40 I can't be on with all the gap training etc.
Can you just send you ostr cert in to the tra as evidence and then go the atrc route?
Or am I missing something. I have an address of my mate in Perth where I can forward my artcert to.
Old Nov 17th 2011, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

woodymcfc is an unknown quantity at this point

Says on the ARTC site
I highlighten in BOLD that aslong you have a visa to work in OZ you can get ARTC thats what I interpreted as:-

To be granted an ARTC you will need to:
a) be an Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen, hold a New Zealand Passport or hold a visa that allows you to temporarily reside and work in your trade in Australia; and
b) understand the other eligibility requirements for the ARTC as set out in section 2.4 of these Guidelines before starting an application.

Its doesnt say on the site not for oversea applications?
There is also a question in ARTC app mentioning which state are you going to live in.

Address I put my UK address in it, I know theydont post to it, but from what Ive read you collect it when arriving?
My apologies then if I was given the wrong information ! Knowing what these agencies are like they probably put a temporary hold on overseas applications whilst they cleared their backlog, the eligibility must now have reverted to like when I applied....