artc---confused ?

Old May 25th 2009, 8:54 am
Just Joined

spike9692001 will become famous soon enoughspike9692001 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: artc---confused ?

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hello All,

Spike

Your last statement is good, your half way there, i didn't have a ARTC test, maybe i was lucky or maybe it was because of the content of my application was complete.

The PEER course which everyone refers too, is the wiring regs. which you state you have, you can apply for your ARTC cert from outside the country, just be sure to include everything, the panel that sits on this phase are all sparkies

With that passed and your ARTC cert, doing exactly what you said, go down town and get your workers registration licence(electrical). Once you get your SA licence this is good for recognition thoughout the country.

Regards

Kevin
cheers kevin i was thinking im going mad with all the hassle lol just have to wait now i guess thanks again cheers spike
Old May 25th 2009, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=spike9692001;7597789]
Originally Posted by markandgill
spike,

It does'nt matter what your ARTC is mate.....as long as you have one.

S.A and peer have the correct attitude towards licensing.........you've already been assessed for your trade and now all that is left is to be brought up to aussie standards.....at the end of the day you need to know the local rules and regulations.......once that is completed you get an 'a' class license.......

Go thru tafe in qld and it'll take ya 6 months to get a license......you'll basically have to be an apprentice again for a while and fill out a logbook etc....

As everyone else says..........GO TO PEER.......the guy's there are great and you'll get everything necessary for a full license in 2 days.....provided you do the course work at home beforehand......and pass the exam.

I have just completed mine this week and am just awaiting my license in the post.

Good luck.........and get yerself to adelaide peer!

Mark
Hi mark thanks for the info but why are you saying for me to go to peer to bring me up to aussie standards, in my post it says i have allready done the AS/3000 rules, i passed that in jan 2009 i was a little cofused as people were saying you have to do the A class at peer and i thought that maybe its another bloody exam lol but i have spoke to peer and they said you just do the AS/3000 exam. Also as far as the ARTC goes i have spoke to TRA and they say i may have to do a phone interview or maybe take the trade exam because i havent dont an apprenticeship even though i have 27 years experiance and have passed all the 2360 2381 and 2391 exams anyway congrats on doing yours cheers spike
Spike mate,

I must have picked ya up wrong........if you have indeed already got your as/nzs 3000 wiring rules cert from peer then all you need is your ARTC. Most people have their ARTC cert before going to peer so I assumed you already had this.

Get your application in to TRA and as soon as your cert comes in you need to go to ocba on grenfell street and apply for your 'a' grade electrical license.....simple.

Mark
Old May 25th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
markandgill;

wel, donemate all the very best to you
Cheers Arthur mate.

Mark
Old May 25th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

spike9692001;

try it then & see what happens if you get the A class license then fine, however if not then you have a choice to do the course at PEER, as far as i know you should be able to book into PEER & do the exams, i shall p=hone them tomorrow or why don't you phone them ask for peter jolly he is the man he shall tell you what's the go
Old May 25th 2009, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all

Hello All,

Arthur,

Which courses are you referring to, i thought the only course required with the ARTC was the Wiring regs, this then gives you the workers registration licence.

Regards

Kevin
Old May 25th 2009, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin S;

The course is at PEER S/A they do the exams that enables a person to then apply to the licensing division for the A class license, when they have passed the PEER wiring rules course.

Its the norm for people to come to Australia with the ARTC or TRA or vatessess then they can do PEER course.

for some reason mate people on here are getting things al mixed up, Spike may have the wiring rules already AS 3000, how the hell he has got that i have no idea but good luck to him.
Old May 25th 2009, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

spike9692001 will become famous soon enoughspike9692001 will become famous soon enough

Kevin S;

The course is at PEER S/A they do the exams that enables a person to then apply to the licensing division for the A class license, when they have passed the PEER wiring rules course.

Its the norm for people to come to Australia with the ARTC or TRA or vatessess then they can do PEER course.

for some reason mate people on here are getting things al mixed up, Spike may have the wiring rules already AS 3000, how the hell he has got that i have no idea but good luck to him.
Arthur mate you dont need to have an ARTC to do the AS/3000 wiring rules so what do you mean how the hell did i get that. Also TRA & ARTC are two different things TRA is the assessment you need for your skilled migrant visa and the ARTC is the actual certificate you get after re-applying and if you have that and the wiring rules and a visa you can go get your A class i did my wiring rules first because my visa was messed up so therefore i couldnt apply for my ARTC they wont release your cert unless you have work rights in australia. and i still dont no what course your refering to im sure your talking about the vetassess route As ive said before ive spoken to PEER in adelaide by phone and have been there and talked to them on what i have to do to get my A Class, i also talked to TRA they to have said the same as PEER. As i have had a positive skills assessment from TRA all i need to do is take my AS/3000,ARTC, visa, go to the OCBA and go pick up my licence. Maybe if you said what the title of this peer course was it might make things a little clearer. Has anyone else heard of this extra peer course???. Anyway hope we can get this cleared up between us cheers spike ps i have a spare AS/3000 course if anyone wants to buy it turned out the company i was supposed to be working for bought me one aswell as the one i allready had cheers
Old May 25th 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

spike9692001
Now i under stand mate they stuffed your visa, allowing you to do the wiring rules course 1st, im sorry if i confused you at all, its normal to have the ARTC 1st then when here do the PEER course wiring rules that's all Spike.

So in a nutshell Spike if you have the ARTC then apply for the license or if you don't have the ARTC just apply, i would think in your case Spike it would not be cut & dried you meet all criteria.

did you chat to peter jolly at all at PEER & what advice did he give you, if you like i can phone peter today if you like but 1st can you confirm if you have the ARTC.

once again Spike im sorry mate if i may have confused you at all, maybe we can at some stage have a beer & laugh about all this when you have the blasted A class license
Old May 26th 2009, 4:05 am
Just Joined

spike9692001
Now i under stand mate they stuffed your visa, allowing you to do the wiring rules course 1st, im sorry if i confused you at all, its normal to have the ARTC 1st then when here do the PEER course wiring rules that's all Spike.

So in a nutshell Spike if you have the ARTC then apply for the license or if you don't have the ARTC just apply, i would think in your case Spike it would not be cut & dried you meet all criteria.

did you chat to peter jolly at all at PEER & what advice did he give you, if you like i can phone peter today if you like but 1st can you confirm if you have the ARTC.

once again Spike im sorry mate if i may have confused you at all, maybe we can at some stage have a beer & laugh about all this when you have the blasted A class license
Hi arthur thanks for the reply i think PEER recommend you have either a TRA or the ARTC as if you dont pass the skills assessment it would be pointless taking the AS/3000 i had my TRA and no at this stage i dont have an ARTC i have spoke to TRA and they said they might consider processing my ARTC but would not be able to release it without work rights (visa) so its all a bit of a mess after this so called electrical company i was supposed to be working for in oz 457 sponsorship fell through as they hadnt had there accounts done in ages so DIAC refused to give them one. That left me in a mess as i had sold my house in the uk packed in my electrical company and moved to oz. I am now back in the uk as i have to be until my 175 visa is processed as you cant get a bridging visa for a 175. I have a job offer ready in adelaide but im wondering how long will that company wait as it could take 2 years for my visa to come through after all the new changes. Anyway looking through the posts on here ive noticed several people who have gone down the same route as i am (TRA,AS/3000,Visa, ARTC,A-Class) and some have only been assessed as a fitter by ARTC and still get a full licence here in OZ apparently it doesnt matter if they decide your a fitter or mechanic you still get an A-Class which to me makes me wonder why you need to be assessed by TRA if thats the case. So anyway i took my ARTC application into PEER and they said i fit all the criteria so it should be a formality (and they didnt say i have to do a PEER course lol) Anyway sorry for waffling on and yea a beer sounds good cheerscheers spike
Old May 27th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Lornagoingtobrissy;

Once he has done the PEER course we shall have the A class license that's Unrestricted in all states meaning he can work on all installations Industrial, Commercial, Domestic.

when he passes the exam at PEER he takes his paperwork to the S/A licensing dept on the same day then registers with them they post the license about 5 days in all, while your there you can have the A class license transferred to the state you live in cost about $350.00 for transfer the A class license is about $270.00 per 5 years, its his responsibility to make sure the license is paid they send a reminder then that's all if it lapse then he shall have to do all exams again + registration.???? need i say more.

if he is thinking of being self employed that's another nightmare if so let me know i can him exactly how it all fits into place step by step.

Arthur
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

OMG this is all so confusing. HELP !!!!!

1. OH passed Vetassess does not want to do 12 month log book.
Can we apply for the ARTC before we move to Perth or not ?

2. If yes and pass ARTC as fitter or mechanic do we then do wiring regs.

3. If we pass that do we then do the 1-2 day course at Peer to get 'A' class
Licence in Perth ?

Please help I am more confused than I have ever been.

Thankyou and I know its been answered lots of times but I need simple terms lol.

Yes and No answers would be fab. Thanks
Old Jun 6th 2009, 10:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07;
the answer is YES he can apply for the ARTC from Perth however its not cheap, its as simple as that But you must weigh up what best for you both does he want to be restricted for 12 months having people looking over his shoulder all the time also in these times would he be able to get work with the restricted license.

so to my mind i would be doing the ARTC from Perth then get down to PEER
Old Jun 7th 2009, 1:18 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by shar07
OMG this is all so confusing. HELP !!!!!

1. OH passed Vetassess does not want to do 12 month log book.
Can we apply for the ARTC before we move to Perth or not ? - you can apply from the uk (or anywhere else) so long as you have visa in passport

2. If yes and pass ARTC as fitter or mechanic do we then do wiring regs.- yes you can also enrol on the regs course from uk if you want.

3. If we pass that do we then do the 1-2 day course at Peer to get 'A' class
Licence in Perth ? - once enrolled on peers regs course you complete workbook via distance learning. when ready get in touch and arrange to sit exam. this allows you to apply for license but in adelaide. you can transfer this to WA.

Please help I am more confused than I have ever been.

Thankyou and I know its been answered lots of times but I need simple terms lol.

Yes and No answers would be fab. Thanks
hope this helps.

lee.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

Thanks all so much will be getting in touch about the ARTC then. Many thanks for your help