artc---confused ?

Old May 7th 2009, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice
Default artc---confused ?

ok bear with me

statement(s) from your employer(s) to support all your employment as a tradesperson. The statement(s) must be on company letterhead paper; must be signed by a senior official of the company; and must include the classification(s) in which you were employed, detail(s) of the period(s) of employment, and a full and detailed description of the nature and content of your work tasks and the tools and equipment you used and/or;

taken from the application......

ok.........i understand they want to know exactly what i did and who for,but,how far into my work history do they want me to go???????

i know i struggled to prove i did an apprenticeship for TRA cause the guy/company no longer exists and he died

is this gonna be as bad ??? do i basically collate all the info i had too for the TRA cause it was a bloody nightmare !!!!!

cheers guys
Old May 8th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: artc---confused ?

nigel and wendy;

you put in all info from when you started work meaning from leaving school, make it all look like a CV add every tool even if only used once & state its application. list every installation you have done including cable sizes, conduits (pvc or steel) list all motors & panels also pyro & swa and what they are used for. cable trays emergency lights lifts & the rest.

this way you should be fine, make sure all documents are signed & Dated then they become a legal document
Old May 9th 2009, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

nigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nicenigel and wendy is just really nice

yeah cheers for that........i knida guessed it was gonna be like that.

like i said it was a nightmare for the TRA !!!

oh well..........paperwork here we come ! (i hate paperwork by the way )

cheers
Old May 9th 2009, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

nigel and wendy;

when you get the TRA it should be the Electrical Mechanics certificate, when doing the application for ARTC make sure it all reads like he has done lots of installation work installing all conduits of differing sizes, make sure he lists them all. installation of all cables list them all again. list every job or type3 of installs he has worked on give examples.

list all motor types also all spot starts, Pyro, SWA emergency lighting and so forth, doing it this way he should get the mechanics certificate.

The other certificate is the Electrical fitters one that can be restricting to panel wiring only & in some states he wont be allowed to work 0n 230v or 415v gear at all, so you see why its very important to get the correct ARTC to start with, once he has the ARTC he Cannot have it changed so do it right from day one.

once here it all starts again he must obtain the A class license to work unsupervised, its Illegal to do any form of Electrical work without a license. then when he has all the required licenses all work he performs he must submit a COES (Copy of electrical Safety) 1st copy to the customer, 2nd copy to energy safe, 3rd copy he keeps for 7 years, all work is now being audited by about 30% of all electrical work, if its found to be substandard or a mistake you must rectify the work & if it happens again you get a big fine. so the game is do it right 1st time, he shall be horrified at the standard of workmanship over here its shite to be honest.

if i can help just ask
Old May 9th 2009, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
nigel and wendy;

when you get the TRA it should be the Electrical Mechanics certificate, when doing the application for ARTC make sure it all reads like he has done lots of installation work installing all conduits of differing sizes, make sure he lists them all. installation of all cables list them all again. list every job or type3 of installs he has worked on give examples.

list all motor types also all spot starts, Pyro, SWA emergency lighting and so forth, doing it this way he should get the mechanics certificate.

The other certificate is the Electrical fitters one that can be restricting to panel wiring only & in some states he wont be allowed to work 0n 230v or 415v gear at all, so you see why its very important to get the correct ARTC to start with, once he has the ARTC he Cannot have it changed so do it right from day one.

once here it all starts again he must obtain the A class license to work unsupervised, its Illegal to do any form of Electrical work without a license. then when he has all the required licenses all work he performs he must submit a COES (Copy of electrical Safety) 1st copy to the customer, 2nd copy to energy safe, 3rd copy he keeps for 7 years, all work is now being audited by about 30% of all electrical work, if its found to be substandard or a mistake you must rectify the work & if it happens again you get a big fine. so the game is do it right 1st time, he shall be horrified at the standard of workmanship over here its shite to be honest.

if i can help just ask
if you apply for an electrical mechanics certificate from ARTC if they dont think enough evidence will they reject it or could they give electrical fitter certificate even if applied for mechanic.

Thanks
Old May 9th 2009, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
if you apply for an electrical mechanics certificate from ARTC if they dont think enough evidence will they reject it or could they give electrical fitter certificate even if applied for mechanic.

Thanks
Hey there,

Yeah if they think that you are more in line with an electrical fitter then they will just issue with a fitters artc.....

From what I have been told:

Electrical Mechanics = Installation Spark eg. house wiring, shop fitting etc

Electrical Fitter = Maintenance Electrician eg. industrial electrician.

I applied for the mechanics licence but got the fitters licence because all my work has been in heavy plant......I served my time in a power station, then worked in an aluminium castings foundry and machine shop then worked in a bottling and packaging facility.......All as a Maintenance electrician.

Even though in all my roles we were responsible for installation as well as total plant maintenance I was told that it was only industrial installation and therefore could not work in somebodys house!

So basically , even though I have most of my experience on 3.3kv and 11kv installation, testing and maintenace as well as 415v and 240v and 110v I cannot work on 240v in someones house! Yet if someone has just wired houses all their working life they can get a Mechanics license to carry out any electrical work......It's crazy and does not reflect anyones experience or skills........If you don't fit the description, word for word, then that's it.....no common sense applied to it at all.

It's all a lot of nonsense and to be honest when you get here nobody really understands the different licensing requirements......trust me.......even the bloody licensing body does'nt really know. It's all very contradictive.

If your coming to queensland then you will have to get a restricted license anyway and complete a log book.......What a lot of people don't know is that you can apply too peer, in adelaide, and do the as/nzs 3000 wiring regulations via correspondance......then once you have all the workbooks done you go to adelaide and do a 2 day course and assesment. If successful you will be entitled to a south australian A class licence......then you can just transfer it to a qld one.

It's deffo the best option and it costs au$855 and you get all the necessary regulation books etc.....If still in the uk I would get the books sent to you in the uk.....do the workbook and then go to adelaide when you first arrive in oz and do the exam.

click HERE for the web address for peer.

Good luck and I hope this helps

Mark
Old May 10th 2009, 2:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Lornagoingtobrissy;

if you don't supply enough evidence they shall refuse your application its as simple as that, you only get the electrical mechanic or fitters ARTC if you submit the required information.

I would be making the application look like you have done 98% installation work that way your sure to get the mechanics license, as i said before once they give you the ARTC there is No going back
Old May 10th 2009, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hey there,

Yeah if they think that you are more in line with an electrical fitter then they will just issue with a fitters artc.....

From what I have been told:

Electrical Mechanics = Installation Spark eg. house wiring, shop fitting etc

Electrical Fitter = Maintenance Electrician eg. industrial electrician.

I applied for the mechanics licence but got the fitters licence because all my work has been in heavy plant......I served my time in a power station, then worked in an aluminium castings foundry and machine shop then worked in a bottling and packaging facility.......All as a Maintenance electrician.

Even though in all my roles we were responsible for installation as well as total plant maintenance I was told that it was only industrial installation and therefore could not work in somebodys house!

So basically , even though I have most of my experience on 3.3kv and 11kv installation, testing and maintenace as well as 415v and 240v and 110v I cannot work on 240v in someones house! Yet if someone has just wired houses all their working life they can get a Mechanics license to carry out any electrical work......It's crazy and does not reflect anyones experience or skills........If you don't fit the description, word for word, then that's it.....no common sense applied to it at all.

It's all a lot of nonsense and to be honest when you get here nobody really understands the different licensing requirements......trust me.......even the bloody licensing body does'nt really know. It's all very contradictive.

If your coming to queensland then you will have to get a restricted license anyway and complete a log book.......What a lot of people don't know is that you can apply too peer, in adelaide, and do the as/nzs 3000 wiring regulations via correspondance......then once you have all the workbooks done you go to adelaide and do a 2 day course and assesment. If successful you will be entitled to a south australian A class licence......then you can just transfer it to a qld one.

It's deffo the best option and it costs au$855 and you get all the necessary regulation books etc.....If still in the uk I would get the books sent to you in the uk.....do the workbook and then go to adelaide when you first arrive in oz and do the exam.

click HERE for the web address for peer.

Good luck and I hope this helps

Mark
Hi
Thanks very much for your help.
I think they have only given a fitter artc as oh does industrial in full time job havent seen paper work yet but checked online. He has already been in touch with peer and they are sending the books out to us.
Is there any way he can get an mechanics licence so be able to work on domestic stuff too.

Thanks Lorna
Old May 11th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

markandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant futuremarkandgill has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
Lornagoingtobrissy;

if you don't supply enough evidence they shall refuse your application its as simple as that, you only get the electrical mechanic or fitters ARTC if you submit the required information.

I would be making the application look like you have done 98% installation work that way your sure to get the mechanics license, as i said before once they give you the ARTC there is No going back
Yup......I agree mate.......I had a telephone conversation with the guys from TRA that deal with issuing ARTC's.......what a total knob he was......No matter how many times I explained to him that I have done shit loads of installation work he would'nt budge because it was 90% industrial......It's so ' black & white ' and they just don't have any common sense.

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Hi
Thanks very much for your help.
I think they have only given a fitter artc as oh does industrial in full time job havent seen paper work yet but checked online. He has already been in touch with peer and they are sending the books out to us.
Is there any way he can get an mechanics licence so be able to work on domestic stuff too.

Thanks Lorna
Hey Lorna........I've seen on qld licensing site.....click HERE.........that an 'A' class south australian license is equivalent to a QLD electrical mechanics license so if oh goes to peer he should be fine....

I've actually just got my dates back from peer and go on 18th and 19th May so I'll find out soon enough............i'll let you know how it all works out.

Another thing I found out here in qld is that the license everyone wants is the fitter/mechanics license as apparently there is a lot of things a fitter can do that a mechanic can't.......this was told to me straight from the guy at the local licensing office......so when your oh gets here he needs to get a fitter mechanics licens which is, basically, EVERYTHING

It is a really frustrating experience dealing with the licensing people here in qld and they really make it awkward for you.

Pm me if you need any more onfo once you guy's get here.......it's usually my missus on here so she'll pass on the message.

Good luck

Mark................the wanna-be-ozzie-spark
Old May 11th 2009, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for the info guys .........if i get stuck i`ll ask !!

cheers
Old May 11th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nigel and wendy
ok bear with me

statement(s) from your employer(s) to support all your employment as a tradesperson. The statement(s) must be on company letterhead paper; must be signed by a senior official of the company; and must include the classification(s) in which you were employed, detail(s) of the period(s) of employment, and a full and detailed description of the nature and content of your work tasks and the tools and equipment you used and/or;

taken from the application......

ok.........i understand they want to know exactly what i did and who for,but,how far into my work history do they want me to go???????

i know i struggled to prove i did an apprenticeship for TRA cause the guy/company no longer exists and he died

is this gonna be as bad ??? do i basically collate all the info i had too for the TRA cause it was a bloody nightmare !!!!!

cheers guys
Hey Guy's,

Sorry......I was answering someone elses post on your thread.........sorry dude.

Mate as far as I seen on the artc form......it's exactly the same stuff that you needed for tra.......although as pom from aus says......put as much detail down as possible......these guy's have no clue nor commonsense and you need to meet their criteria ' word for word ' no exceptions.

It's a paper exercise because you send it all off to the same department.

Depending what state your going to will require different approach to licensing.......I can omly tell you about qld ..... and it's all backwards mate...... no-one seems to know what they want or what you need to work......trust me ......it's a frustrating experience.......especially when ya see the workmanship thats here.....really bad mate......and then they tell you you have to do a course to meet australian standards!!.....it's totally laughable ...... but hey.......you got play along with them unfortunately ..... if ya wanna work as a spark here.

Good luck

Mark
Old May 11th 2009, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by markandgill
Hey Guy's,

Sorry......I was answering someone elses post on your thread.........sorry dude.

Mate as far as I seen on the artc form......it's exactly the same stuff that you needed for tra.......although as pom from aus says......put as much detail down as possible......these guy's have no clue nor commonsense and you need to meet their criteria ' word for word ' no exceptions.

It's a paper exercise because you send it all off to the same department.

Depending what state your going to will require different approach to licensing.......I can omly tell you about qld ..... and it's all backwards mate...... no-one seems to know what they want or what you need to work......trust me ......it's a frustrating experience.......especially when ya see the workmanship thats here.....really bad mate......and then they tell you you have to do a course to meet australian standards!!.....it's totally laughable ...... but hey.......you got play along with them unfortunately ..... if ya wanna work as a spark here.

Good luck

Mark
no worries buddy

its red tape i know...........but necessary unfortunatly !!

as much info as possible...........i`m just starting to get stuck into it. god i hate paperwork !!!!
Old May 11th 2009, 12:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

no worries buddy

its red tape i know...........but necessary unfortunatly !!

as much info as possible...........i`m just starting to get stuck into it. god i hate paperwork !!!!
Mate,

Get yourself enrolled with peer............click HERE for the site.

You can enroll from the uk and they'll send you all the books, regs etc.....

My advice would be to get as much of the workbook done, if not all, before you arrive in australia.......then fly straight into Adelaide and do the 2 day assessment.......It cost aud $855 all in and is well worth it mate as it allows you to get an A grade license in south australia.......then you will just need to transfer it to whatever state you are going to.

Mark
Old May 11th 2009, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

yeah ive been reading up on that,something i will have to consider.

cheers for link........and more paperwork for me !!!
Old May 11th 2009, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah ive been reading up on that,something i will have to consider.

cheers for link........and more paperwork for me !!!
yes mate!!

Loadsa paperwork......and reading........about 135 pages I think

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.