ARTC application.....help

Old Sep 1st 2009, 10:05 pm
mcv
Forum Regular

mcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nicemcv is just really nice
Default ARTC application.....help

Hi all,
Just starting to fill out the application form for the Artc and need a few pointers.

I have my visa (vetts route) and still living in the uk.

I understand that the 'Electricial Mechanic' is the general sparkys licence and that I have to use an oz address for my application,but can use a uk email addy for correspondence .

What to include with my application?

Was going to send-
Apprenticeship details (AM2 and completion cert)
City and guilds certs (236 1 + 2 )
JIB grading and copies of JIB cards
16th Edition cert
CSCS cards
Two work refs (copies)
Few pics of my recent work
List of tools and uses

And finally a general description of the works that i have
carried out whilst being a sparky,this proving very long as
I have 25yrs+ exp and have covered most things over the
years. Is it best to just give a detailed list of the last 12
months or better to cover a longer period but more
generally?

Is it necessary to include sending the city and guilds
236 syllabus,as its over 100 pages,and a CV.?

Many thanks Richard
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Kevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to allKevin S is a name known to all
Default Re: ARTC application.....help

Hello All,

I didn't send in any syllabus with mine, i was told they are very well aware of the contents of each qualification. Mine went through no problems. I would give a more detailed past history, Mine covered 22 years but i didn't repeat any of the detail unless it was for a different position or employer.

Regards

Kevin
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Del-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really niceDel-Jo is just really nice
Default Re: ARTC application.....help

Hi Richard

I have just been granted my ARTC. My advice would be to include info about connecting up distribution boards, fuse boards, sockets,lights etc The more info you put about connecting up the more likely you will get graded as an electrical mechanic and not a electrical fitter. I gave two examples of this kind of work and wrote it out as if I was telling someone that wouldn't have a clue.

If you need anymore help please ask and good luck.

Del

Last edited by Del-Jo; Sep 2nd 2009 at 5:12 pm.