applying for artc

Old Jun 12th 2008, 5:04 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all
Default applying for artc

hi,
i've been trying to find out info on applying for the A grade licence and am so confused! i just qualified as an electrician before i left ireland and am now in perth. i've seen on the application form for the artc that you need 7 years experience to be eligible to apply for it. is that true?
Old Jun 15th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: applying for artc

agillick;

you must have 7 years experience after all training its as simple as that, once you get the Australian recognition thats only to get you in the door so to say thats only for the migration. Once your here to obtain the A class license you must do all the Australian exams again all states have there own set of rules for exams S/A being the easiest it can be done via correspondence most of it anyway.

PM wendy she can be of great assistance for people doing the exams in S/A.
Once in Australia your not allowed by law to do any electrical work unsupervised regardless of qualification in the UK. It can & has been a nightmare for people obtaining the A class license. I can recommend S/A for the license then you must register for the A class license to be transfered to the state you intend to reside in of course there is a cost factor for transfer but its still the best option.

Stay well away from Melbourne its a nightmare doing the exams here, the people who do the examinations have the monopoly they are morons to say the least.
I know this of them morons they do NOT like me helping people on here, i tell people what to expect & also tell them where the faults are on certain testing stations.

Anyway best of luck mate, once you are here you look at the standard of work here by Australians and you will think why the hell am i doing exams again when the standard of workmanship is "Pure Shite".

If you need confirmation ask Stev"O in QLD or his mates he has some pic's that tell the whole story also ask Youngie in QLD he is a mate of Stevo"s its horrific to say the least.

Some sparkies here have the attitude if you cannot see the frigging thing then its OK even leaving Live wires all over the place.???

I rest my case.??
Old Jun 16th 2008, 4:15 am
Forum Regular

agillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to allagillick is a name known to all

thanks for the reply aurthur,
i'm actually in perth at the minute and i've heard its a bit harder to get the A grade licence over here compared to the rest of australia. is that true?
Old Jun 16th 2008, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by agillick
thanks for the reply aurthur,
i'm actually in perth at the minute and i've heard its a bit harder to get the A grade licence over here compared to the rest of australia. is that true?
im coming to perth also. dont think its that difficult so long as you know what to expect. see the thread posted by steve o. tells you about what will be on exams etc.
i was going to go via peer in SA then transfer but to be honest i think i'll just give it a go in WA and see what happens.
have a good search around the site, i found out all the info i think i'll need and made notes etc on all the practical tests. feel loads more confident about exams now. (would have failed for sure if i hadnt read up on the exams).
have you done ARTC certificate yet? i dont think you can even think about applying for license without one.
Old Jun 16th 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

The_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Pom_From_Aus has a reputation beyond repute

leeob77;

you will have to be switched on regarding testing of appliances meaning you inspect the appliance visually, then check all cords for wear & damage.
Then you must find the fault on that appliance. look at Stevo"s stuff he has put on the site you must wire a stop start you must know which one is normal open & closed. there are a number of things to do its not at all easy.

the worst state to do the exams as are in Victoria the best place to do them are S/A mainly via correspondence, ask wendy on here she is great.

either way on the day nerves play a massive part so make sue you know everything you need to know backward in & out.

all the best mate
Old Jun 16th 2008, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Brigall is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by leeob77
im coming to perth also. dont think its that difficult so long as you know what to expect. see the thread posted by steve o. tells you about what will be on exams etc.
i was going to go via peer in SA then transfer but to be honest i think i'll just give it a go in WA and see what happens.
have a good search around the site, i found out all the info i think i'll need and made notes etc on all the practical tests. feel loads more confident about exams now. (would have failed for sure if i hadnt read up on the exams).
have you done ARTC certificate yet? i dont think you can even think about applying for license without one.
8 of us sat the exam in Perth 2 passed 1st time, 3 passed on resits. Last I heard other 3 were informed they had to do a 19 week electrical course.
It is ok if you have prepared for the exam but don't go in blind, also as mentioned by others, 4 hours of practical exams passes quite quick.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 3:25 pm
Forum Regular

leeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really niceleeob77 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The_Pom_From_Aus
leeob77;

you will have to be switched on regarding testing of appliances meaning you inspect the appliance visually, then check all cords for wear & damage.
Then you must find the fault on that appliance. look at Stevo"s stuff he has put on the site you must wire a stop start you must know which one is normal open & closed. there are a number of things to do its not at all easy.

the worst state to do the exams as are in Victoria the best place to do them are S/A mainly via correspondence, ask wendy on here she is great.

either way on the day nerves play a massive part so make sue you know everything you need to know backward in & out.

all the best mate
yeah see what your saying.
have tried to do as much research into the exams as possible.
going for fitter exam i think.
ok with pat testing, dol starters, wiring transformers, wiring flouro in series, capacitor start single phase motors.
only thing i would have struggled on would be testing armature with growler. managed to blag a free mornings refresher with a local rewind company so fingers crossed i hope i'll be ok.
(ps think thats the 6 practical tests on the exam? anyone know of any different?)
i agree that nerves can play a massive part on the day, just hope they dont get the better of me.
thanks for the help and advice.
Lee.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 10:23 pm
Banned

gainchoudhary is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: applying for artc

Hi all
I am a new in this forum. I have one question to ask regarding the ARTC application. actually i had sent my application for ARTC about a month ago and yesterday I contacted to TRA and they said that they will meet (have meeting) to the local trade committee LTC in the end of the week end and after that they will tell the outcome. can any one tel me that is this routine process or what.