Anyone know?

Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

madtanz is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Anyone know?

Hi there everyone,

I'm a newby on here and amazed at all the helpful information available in one place! As a UK Jib registered sparks whose OH has decided that we should look into moving to Adelaide I have one problem. Ironically the day England won the Rugby World Cup against Australia 22/11/2003 I stupidly got done for drink driving and I'm worrying that this will prevent me from getting a visa.We are going to the opportunities Australia expo in London this Sunday, is this a waste of time or are they of any help?

Thanks in advance

Martin (Tanz)
Old Mar 21st 2007, 10:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know?

Originally Posted by madtanz
Hi there everyone,

I'm a newby on here and amazed at all the helpful information available in one place! As a UK Jib registered sparks whose OH has decided that we should look into moving to Adelaide I have one problem. Ironically the day England won the Rugby World Cup against Australia 22/11/2003 I stupidly got done for drink driving and I'm worrying that this will prevent me from getting a visa.We are going to the opportunities Australia expo in London this Sunday, is this a waste of time or are they of any help?

Thanks in advance

Martin (Tanz)

DIAC are really only concerned with custodial offences, mostly over 12 months in length. DD offences are pretty common, I think you'll be fine

Last edited by Wendy; Mar 21st 2007 at 11:00 pm.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

thanks,that is a big weight off of my mind, now just got to get my head around the whole moving abroad thing
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks,that is a big weight off of my mind, now just got to get my head around the whole moving abroad thing

Just take things one step at a time, it all comes together in the end
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
Just take things one step at a time, it all comes together in the end
Hi Martin, I would talk to a migration expert before you go to the expo, my OH is an electrician and we went to the last expo and always usful to pick up the odd bit of info but they were mostly interested in white collor workers. I can definatly recommend Visa Bureu in London they have been great.

Good Luck Daryl
Old Mar 22nd 2007, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Daryl,

Thanks for the info I'll bear that in mind.

Martin
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 1:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yep, we used the visa bureau too.

www.visabureau.co.uk
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Did the visa bureau survey thing today, awaiting phonecall now,off to the expo this weekend anyway-got to be worth a look.
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Did the visa bureau survey thing today, awaiting phonecall now,off to the expo this weekend anyway-got to be worth a look.

All the best with it.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 11:58 am
Just Joined

denboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there everyone,

Thanks in advance

Martin (Tanz)
hiya martin,
i wouldnt be too concerned about your drink driving offence mate, i unfortunately have two of those under my belt and have been approved for a visa, just make sure you claim it on your application
all the best mate
den o'connor
Old Mar 25th 2007, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

jamiefrod will become famous soon enoughjamiefrod will become famous soon enough

i went to that expo today, £30 for me and the missus to get in plus a drive from derby and ridiculous parking costs. Was it worth it? was it balls. Nothing there i couldn't of found out from the net, or already knew. Like you say all white collar work, and i didn't realise aussies were crying out for people to work in telesales! Suppose it was helpful for some people but at £15 for what was on offer i think they're just taking advantage of peoples desire to emigrate.

Sorry what was the question?
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jamiefrod
i went to that expo today, £30 for me and the missus to get in plus a drive from derby and ridiculous parking costs. Was it worth it? was it balls. Nothing there i couldn't of found out from the net, or already knew. Like you say all white collar work, and i didn't realise aussies were crying out for people to work in telesales! Suppose it was helpful for some people but at £15 for what was on offer i think they're just taking advantage of peoples desire to emigrate.

Sorry what was the question?
Australia House does a free expo but still not worth the effort!!!!!!!!!!!!

They should have the TRA there teeling everyone what they have to obtain when they get to Australia.

Thank goodness for this site and the web.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

I found the expo of some use but the '£15 entry fee' was outrageous and at £15 per person they had the neck to be selling tiny cups of tea for a £1 a go

Most of it was white collar degree standard stuff but had a couple of useful discussions with the mining companies, oil and gas industry and Country Energy and off loaded a few CVs, you never know it may come to something.Kids were happy though they got loads of freebies, sweets and even an ice cream(not that they were free really at £30 for me and the missus).

I agree with somme a TRA stand where they could answer a few questions about skills assessments and the like, would of made the entry fee and travelling costs easier to stomach.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Den

Cheers for the advice

Martin