advise please

Old Jun 8th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice
Default advise please

hi all
have a few questions and need advise.
will be applying for PR in alberta Canada as a electrician
have the following qualifications
2330 part 1 and 2
c&g 17th regs
nvq level 3
c&g 2391
jib graded as installation electrician
niceic approved contractor

now the tricky bit i work for a company as a service engineer (money is better)they install access control and automatic doors.
i also work for my self at weekends and take time to complete my own jobs this is the sparky side i do domestic through to industrial.

now to apply for pr what proof do they need to be shown that i have experience of over 1 year.
would my niceic membership cover this. you have to show 6 jobs each year to be assessed when membership is due

thank you graham
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

isr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really niceisr999 is just really nice
Default Re: advise please

Evening graham, I work in the auto door industry ( Besam 10yrs Record yrs mainly installs ). I will keep an eye on this post in case Oz is a no go.

Iain
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nicegraham and george is just really nice

hi iain
thanks for the replie another employee who i worked with went to oz
work for ir dor o matic i think
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by graham and george
hi all
have a few questions and need advise.
will be applying for PR in alberta Canada as a electrician
have the following qualifications
2330 part 1 and 2
c&g 17th regs
nvq level 3
c&g 2391
jib graded as installation electrician
niceic approved contractor

now the tricky bit i work for a company as a service engineer (money is better)they install access control and automatic doors.
i also work for my self at weekends and take time to complete my own jobs this is the sparky side i do domestic through to industrial.

now to apply for pr what proof do they need to be shown that i have experience of over 1 year.
would my niceic membership cover this. you have to show 6 jobs each year to be assessed when membership is due

thank you graham
Hi Graham,
I'm also heading to Canada most of the guys on here are going to Oz, they should rename this forum "Electricans going to Australia"
I'm self employed and am sending letters from any contractors I have done work for also the registration certificates from NICEIC and Elecsa along with a letter from my accountant to prove my 4 years. You also need to show what duties your work involved so it can show you were working as an Electrician so they can map you across to the NOC code either 7241 or 7242.
How much experience do you have? You need a minimum of 12 months in one of the NOC codes above, not sure if weekend work would qualify you, it might have to be full time, if you have only 12 onths you will definately struggle when it comes to sitting your Red Seal exam as you need to prove 8775 hours and 72 months experience just to take the damn thing.
Anyway good luck, any questions just ask!

Last edited by Alphawolf; Jun 10th 2009 at 12:29 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi mags
i work for a company as a service engineer they paid for my college and even paid me to go.with the company i am with(have been with for 8 years) the work involves extra extra low voltage 50 ac/25dc i also install the supplies and motors industrial doors 3ph direct on line/capacitor start run and direct on line starter boxes.

i do not have enough work to go it alone and at present need all the money i can get.

i do a lot of domestic work house rewires/new ccu sockets etc etc
more of my work is now more industrial factories
been subbing doing schools/reverbs
worked for a contractor run sub mains 95swa new diss boards.

been wit the niceic for 3 years which i can show test sheets for the work i have done.

does the total hours be straight or can it be done over time with breaks in between

thanks graham
Old Jun 11th 2009, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to beholdAlphawolf is a splendid one to behold

hi mags
i work for a company as a service engineer they paid for my college and even paid me to go.with the company i am with(have been with for 8 years) the work involves extra extra low voltage 50 ac/25dc i also install the supplies and motors industrial doors 3ph direct on line/capacitor start run and direct on line starter boxes.

i do not have enough work to go it alone and at present need all the money i can get.

i do a lot of domestic work house rewires/new ccu sockets etc etc
more of my work is now more industrial factories
been subbing doing schools/reverbs
worked for a contractor run sub mains 95swa new diss boards.

been wit the niceic for 3 years which i can show test sheets for the work i have done.

does the total hours be straight or can it be done over time with breaks in between

thanks graham
The hours don't have to be straight, just as long as you have done 8775 hours and 72 months ( 6 years), this puts me nowhere too but according to the Alberta Trade board I can gain employment when I land with PR as an apprentice for 6 months then take the exam with 6 months Canadian experience under my belt, the hours and months apply if you are going on a TWP, its all changed recently apparently, it used to be a straight 9000 hours!
Apparently any prospective employer should be able to gain a temporary license on the back of my experience over here so you should definately qualify for that I would think although different provinces may have different rules the ones I am quoting are for Alberta, depends where you are heading!!
Old Jun 11th 2009, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi mags
am also thinking of alberta
whats the pay like or dont you know
have also looked on the trade site and at the jobs on offer and did not see any positions for year 4 apprentice (i think this is the level you go in at)
have you got a job yet? or just get out there and see.

the 8775 hrs is that after you qalified eg when you completed 2330 part 2and 3 or is when nvq3 complete or when jib graded .
its not that clear.....
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi mags
am also thinking of alberta
whats the pay like or dont you know
have also looked on the trade site and at the jobs on offer and did not see any positions for year 4 apprentice (i think this is the level you go in at)
have you got a job yet? or just get out there and see.

the 8775 hrs is that after you qalified eg when you completed 2330 part 2and 3 or is when nvq3 complete or when jib graded .
its not that clear.....
No, no job yet, we're going over next month hoping to land a job offer, believe me you'll know if I get one!!
The hours are from when you qualified, training/apprenticeship hours aren't counted, I ended up ringing the AITB myself in Edmonton and they sent me an email confirming that I could gain a temp license as a 4th yr apprentice, if I had the 72 months I could just sit the exam straight away as long as I could provide proof of the hours.
Try the job-bank on the CIC website if you are looking for jobs although the best thing is to decide on an area and do a recce contacting employers before you go advising you will be in town and can u meet up, most of them are quite happy to by all accounts, good luck anyway
Old Jun 11th 2009, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

good luck hope all goes well...