Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Electricians
Reload this Page >

aaarrrggghhhh!! stupid vetassess!!!!!!

aaarrrggghhhh!! stupid vetassess!!!!!!

Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

famousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nice
Default aaarrrggghhhh!! stupid vetassess!!!!!!

so, after about a month of collating all our paperwork for vetassess, getting it certified then posting in on the 3rd march we have been waiting patiently for a reply
we found out on the 14th march that the money had gone from our bank account ....very exciting!! it's all happening we thought
on the 19th a letter plops thru the door with the vetassess logo on it, YAY!!! it's here we cried, i can't explain the emotion of holding that envelope in my hands, so with baited breath we open it.....and......it's a receipt for the payment received
back to waiting for the postman again.......
this morning another letter arrives, nice vetassess logo on the front, WOOHOO! this must be it, finally can get on with life instead of living in limbo! phone my oh (who left at stupid o'clock to work in newcastle) after an excited exchange i open the letter..i can hear oh heavy breathing down the phone (not nice!!) and start to read.........it's an acknowledgment of receipt of the stupid original application!!!
so...aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! stupid vetassess, why are you playing with our minds???!!!! just send one letter, no more,,,no less! i can't take any more!!
okay, rant over!.... apart from, wanted to wish everyone who has the practical assessment this month very good luck keep us all posted,

lou x
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: aaarrrggghhhh!! stupid vetassess!!!!!!

hi
out of interest how did you send your paperwork, i sent mine signed for international and it seems to have gone walkies, very confused, rang royal mail and they said sorry it can not be tracked after leaving uk, why o why do they not tell you this when sending!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, after all signed for international does sound like SIGNED for, or am i being very stupid. also they did not tell me signed for was not valid in australia.
john
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

apologies, i have just checked again and the funds have been taken, all seems ok after all, i need to stop getting stressed.
john
Old Apr 1st 2008, 9:50 am
Forum Regular

John Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnknight001
apologies, i have just checked again and the funds have been taken, all seems ok after all, i need to stop getting stressed.
john
Just to let you know, if you cannot locate your stuff through Royal Mail in the U.K it is possible to give Australia Post a call and they can track it. It is tracked from this end by giving them your barcode number and the date it was sent. We have had stuff posted from the U.K which took a long time and Australia Post were very helpful in looking for it for us. It's not good to get stressed. Deep breaths needed and patience.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:37 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by famousflo
so, after about a month of collating all our paperwork for vetassess, getting it certified then posting in on the 3rd march we have been waiting patiently for a reply
we found out on the 14th march that the money had gone from our bank account ....very exciting!! it's all happening we thought
on the 19th a letter plops thru the door with the vetassess logo on it, YAY!!! it's here we cried, i can't explain the emotion of holding that envelope in my hands, so with baited breath we open it.....and......it's a receipt for the payment received
this morning another letter arrives, nice vetassess logo on the front, WOOHOO! this must be it, finally can get on with life instead of living in limbo! phone my oh (who left at stupid o'clock to work in newcastle) after an excited exchange i open the letter..i can hear oh heavy breathing down the phone (not nice!!) and start to read.........it's an acknowledgment of receipt of the stupid original application!!!
so...aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh! stupid vetassess, why are you playing with our minds???!!!! just send one letter, no more,,,no less! i can't take any more!!
okay, rant over!.... apart from, wanted to wish everyone who has the practical assessment this month very good luck keep us all posted,

lou x
i am so sorry and i know i am a horrible person, but the way you worded that post, you made it so funny. i couldnt help but laugh.
sorry
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

John Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really niceJohn Barmby is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
i am so sorry and i know i am a horrible person, but the way you worded that post, you made it so funny. i couldnt help but laugh.
sorry
I'm sure you're not a horrible person, and i'm glad ive put a smile on your face and hopefully many others will smile too.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

lou x
You think thats bad wait until your waiting for your practical assessment date:curse:

Thanks for the luck, i think we will need it!!

6 days and counting - my OH is one of the first doing it and the nerves are setting in!!

Good luck to you and heres hoping its plain sailing from now on!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

famousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nicefamousflo is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sheff_Sparky
sorry
i have been laughing at myself all morning!! stupid expections!!!! lou x
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carl-ang
You think thats bad wait until your waiting for your practical assessment date:curse:

Thanks for the luck, i think we will need it!!

6 days and counting - my OH is one of the first doing it and the nerves are setting in!!

Good luck to you and heres hoping its plain sailing from now on!
rob has already started to think about the practical, at least we will (hopefully?!) have some insight from you guys about what's expected

and then it'll be down to waiting for an actual visa! we must all be crazy
lou x
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

carl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nicecarl-ang is just really nice

Yeah we must be crazy but it will be SO worth it!!!

Ang
Old Apr 1st 2008, 1:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

I can't find the words to express how I'm feeling about this at the moment, the whole thing seems to be a complete shambles - wrong dates, missing/delayed paperwork, do we really think that it will get any better? I hope we get the correct results through, although when - who knows!!!!:curse:

carl-ang - Good Luck for Monday, let us all know how it goes

Everyone else - good luck for whenever yours is - fingers crossed for everyone!!

Mel

Last edited by melbert; Apr 1st 2008 at 1:10 pm. Reason: Additional wording
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

shar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to allshar07 is a name known to all

WE ARE ALL MAD but it will definately be worth it. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

just thought i'd let you know that after another false start ( had an email from vetassess confirming they had the application.....i nearly threw the computer thru the window!!) we've had an email this morning saying that rob's passed with a level one woohoo!!! yippee!!!

have been given july as the next practical date so we just have a few months of rob cramming i guess

also, wanted to say vetassess obviously aren't that stupid either!

lou x
Old Apr 10th 2008, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

melbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to allmelbert is a name known to all

Well done!! Good luck for the next stage, you can breathe a bit more easily now for a while!!

Mel
Old Apr 12th 2008, 8:57 am

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

just thought i'd let you know that after another false start ( had an email from vetassess confirming they had the application.....i nearly threw the computer thru the window!!) we've had an email this morning saying that rob's passed with a level one woohoo!!! yippee!!!

have been given july as the next practical date so we just have a few months of rob cramming i guess

also, wanted to say vetassess obviously aren't that stupid either!

lou x
YAY!!!