Reload this Page >

wanting to move to cyprus!!

wanting to move to cyprus!!

Old Jul 4th 2013, 9:26 am
Just Joined

hollyburrows is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile wanting to move to cyprus!!

Hi everyone!
I have only just found this forum so forgive me if u may have read a thread like this 1000 times....
myself my husband and 2 daughters aged 2 and 7 are wanting to move to the paphos area. Is there good schools in the area(english ones) and can anyone reccommend the best area there for families and for work? As we would need jobs. I am a hairdresser and my husband willing to do anything to get us out of uk.
thankyou to anyone who can help in any way
Old Jul 4th 2013, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wanting to move to cyprus!!

To be brutally Honest with you my advice is to forget the idea.
Jobs are like gold dust these days and those that are there are very poorly paid.
To earn enough money to support a family will be extremely difficult if not impossible.
Many young Cypriot familes are now having to rely on handouts from charites to feed their children and many foreign workers are leaving the country having lost their jobs and been unable to find another.
If you are unalbe to find work you will not get support from the Cypriot government.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Things are very bad in Cyprus, and if you come here without substantial funds behind you, you will not make it. There is some activity because there are some tourists around, not many, but at least these are providing a little cashflow.
Come September, and then the even worse problems begin, as the tourist money dries up, and many, many businesses will close.
Cyprus may even be heading for a second bailout, so that will mean more problems too.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 1:51 am
Banned

Worldlywanderer is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting comment Zygiman; it sounds as if the tourist season isn't so hot this year. How do you see that affecting immigrants who are not dependent on earning an income?
Old Jul 8th 2013, 6:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone who does not need to earn an income things have not changed with Cyprus still being a great place to live.
Anyone who has a pension or other income and maybe needs to just earn a little bit to supplement that income will probably also still be ok, but full time jobs are in very short supply and those that are available are most very poorly paid so often not enough to live on without additional income.
Old Jul 11th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Setting up a business here is still very attractive. Corporation Tax is still just 12.5%, so still a good place to have your HQ for instance. You do not even have to have all your funds in Cyprus, just enough to cover expenses.