Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

moving to cyprus info

moving to cyprus info

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

dg1955 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to cyprus info

hello there my wife and i are thinking about moving to cyprus in the next 2 to 3 years.
can anyone out there give us some tips either good or bad please.

cheers davey
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to cyprus info

Hi Davey,
I have lived in Cyprus for 7 years and don't regret it for minute.
It would help us on here to give you advice if we knew a little more about you.
For instance are going to be retiring or will you need to find work?
If you need to work what sort of work would you be looking for?

Veronica
Old Feb 24th 2012, 5:18 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: moving to cyprus info

hello veronica.

i am intending to move out there and retire but if i can turn my hand to something it be fine as does my wife .Most probably or ideally we could retire and enjoy ourselves.

Were both very approachable and get on fine with everyone, my wife loves her bingo ( she might have some withdrawals over her lack of bingo there ha ha).
I am so i have been told very good diy man and also love my gardening , especially the design of.
I love my football but my faveourite as is my wifes ,wining and dining with friends etc.
I have a wee llasa apso dog and hes coming up for 14 months old- hope he gets to come i.e. cyprus.

hope to hear from you soon veronica.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Veronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond reputeVeronica-K has a reputation beyond repute

Hi davy,

If you have some pensions and only want to earn a little extra with some part time work etc then you should have no problems.
Tell your wife she will still be able to go to bingo

Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer if I can.

Regards
Veronica
Old Feb 24th 2012, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

positive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to allpositive pam is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dg1955
hello veronica.

i am intending to move out there and retire but if i can turn my hand to something it be fine as does my wife .Most probably or ideally we could retire and enjoy ourselves.

Were both very approachable and get on fine with everyone, my wife loves her bingo ( she might have some withdrawals over her lack of bingo there ha ha).
I am so i have been told very good diy man and also love my gardening , especially the design of.
I love my football but my faveourite as is my wifes ,wining and dining with friends etc.
I have a wee llasa apso dog and hes coming up for 14 months old- hope he gets to come i.e. cyprus.

hope to hear from you soon veronica.
Hi Davey
We are also hoping to retire to Cyprus in the not too distant future and we totally agree with everything Veronica has said. We have two Shih Tzus
who will definately be coming with us. We have been told of several things to beware of regarding this and I do not mean just the practicalities of transporting them..There is a condition called Leishmania that can be fatal to dogs and comes from the bite of the sandfly, it can be prevented though and there is information about this available and I know Veronica could also probably advise re this as I know she also has recently got a gorgeuos dog out there. Just thought i would tell you as it is better to know about these things before hand.
We cannot wait to get going and get out to Cyprus and the I think the best advice I have been given is to research-research-research!
I wish you luck and hope your plans go well.
Best Wishes
Pam.
Old Feb 24th 2012, 7:07 pm
Just Joined

thanks for the info pam and i hope all goes well with your move
Old Feb 28th 2012, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Max786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to add to dj1955 request for information on moving to cyprus.

Can i ask if anyone can shed some light about having to get a police report from your local police station back in the uk if you are considering in purchasing property in North Cyprus.
In doing come research i read that this was necessary. Does anyone have any experience of this and how does it effect the buying of the property if you do have a criminal record?
Thanks
Old Apr 26th 2012, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Max786
Just to add to dj1955 request for information on moving to cyprus.

Can i ask if anyone can shed some light about having to get a police report from your local police station back in the uk if you are considering in purchasing property in North Cyprus.
In doing come research i read that this was necessary. Does anyone have any experience of this and how does it effect the buying of the property if you do have a criminal record?
Thanks
I think you will find that most people here live in the South of the ilsand, not in the illegally occupied North So you might struggle to get answers to any questions about the North.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 6:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough

Purchasing property in North Cyprus is just throwing your money away, plus your dreams. There are so many Brits losing their homes there, and it is getting worse.
These people have been warned time and again, but did not take heed. Just google The Orams and you will see the result.
Old Apr 22nd 2013, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

jessyt is an unknown quantity at this point

Cyprus is coming to an end as we know it.
Laws are ready to be passed for those who can't pay their mortgages anymore. People will be thrown out and properties will be re-possesed.
Yes, true, here you could have had a mortgage and not pay it, nobody was throwing you out... trust me, I know lots of cypriots doing exactly that.

However nowadays if you are looking to retire and sit on some cash, then Paphos can offer outstanding options for houses. Those small villages around it are full of expats and the life is just incredible.

Gotta see it to believe it

Jessy