Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

moving to Cyprus

moving to Cyprus

Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

Alassa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Cyprus

HAve you thought of applying to the Civil Service for a job on any of the MoD sites there. RAF Akrotiri being one of them.
Very difficult to get. They must employ locals first - very tied up with the Unions.

Best bet is to look the Cy Weekly - I believe you can buy it in some parts of the UK. Nearly every local company will want some level of reading/writing Greek but there are lots of other companies where English is enough.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:30 am
Just Joined

spikeyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: moving to Cyprus

Originally Posted by Honest_H
Its pathetic - doesn't even buy a pack of nappies!!

Hopefully we'll get it sorted out soon. Did you do yours though your local labour office?

We're doing ours at a place in Nicosia that does it on your behalf, not that it seems to be working!
Yes we did ours through the local office, just gave them the form and eventually got it through. You are right though it is a nightmare and for £4 if you do not really need the money not worth going through it. It is based on income as well.
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 9:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by spikeyman
Yes we did ours through the local office, just gave them the form and eventually got it through. You are right though it is a nightmare and for £4 if you do not really need the money not worth going through it. It is based on income as well.
I'll give it a go, thx.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:55 am
Christina

Hi Guys,

Have a look at this and it may help with the Child Benefit 'thing'....

www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/ch5_notes.pdf

Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:20 am
Just Joined

spaced is an unknown quantity at this point

i still wished id loved there