Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

moving to Cyprus

moving to Cyprus

Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

sherry mardell is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy moving to Cyprus

Hi. We need help. Does anyone know if my daughter will still get paid Child Benifit when we move to Cyprus in January
Old Jun 5th 2006, 11:09 am
Just Joined

spikeyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to Cyprus

Originally Posted by sherry mardell
Hi. We need help. Does anyone know if my daughter will still get paid Child Benifit when we move to Cyprus in January

Yes you have to apply for it and it is only paid once per year.

Hope that helps...
Old Jun 5th 2006, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spikeyman
Yes you have to apply for it and it is only paid once per year.

Hope that helps...
Thanks spikeyman. You dont know were she will have to apply as well do you?
Old Jun 6th 2006, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Thanks spikeyman. You dont know were she will have to apply as well do you?
She has to register with immigration then go to the labour office in whichever town she is going to live in to apply, long process but gets paid in Dec so the earlier she applies the better.
Old Jun 7th 2006, 2:11 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Child Benefit from where? From the UK, or from the Cyprus government?
Old Jun 7th 2006, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by JAJ
Child Benefit from where? From the UK, or from the Cyprus government?

I dont know, either I suppose
Old Jun 12th 2006, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know of any jobs in Cyprus for an administrator who doesn't speak Greek yet? Possibly a British company.
Old Jun 25th 2006, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Does anyone know of any jobs in Cyprus for an administrator who doesn't speak Greek yet? Possibly a British company.

Hi

I used to live there years and years ago, got to be honest most cypriots speak english so couldnt see she would have a problem
Old Jan 7th 2007, 3:17 pm
Just Joined

Katie110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: moving to Cyprus

Originally Posted by spikeyman
She has to register with immigration then go to the labour office in whichever town she is going to live in to apply, long process but gets paid in Dec so the earlier she applies the better.
Hi, Was wondering if you could let me know how much the child benifit is in Cyprus and if it's back dated to when you registered with immigration? Do you have to be working to receive it and is it straight forward to do or is their loads of forms to fill in?

Would really appreciate any help you could give me.

Thanks
Lorraine
Old Feb 27th 2007, 4:10 pm
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

HAve you thought of applying to the Civil Service for a job on any of the MoD sites there. RAF Akrotiri being one of them.

Good luck.
Old Mar 11th 2007, 4:59 pm
Banned

rjw8652 is an unknown quantity at this point

Spikey,

We've lived in Cyprus since 2003.

She wouldn't get the level of CB applicable in the UK - just whatever is paid in Cyprus. I don't think the level of social benefits in Cyprus is remotely comparable to the UK. likewise, there is no NHS to speak of - you have to take out private medical insurance.

Cyprus is very much a "look after yourself" society, unlike the cradle-to-grave handout system of the UK. If you are coming to Cyprus expecting to get benefits like they dish out in the UK, you will be very disappointed.

John
Old Mar 17th 2007, 10:18 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest - I wouldn't expect the same handouts from the host government that we dish out here in the UK. Seriously, if you're thinking of living anywhere - you need to be as self-sufficient as possible?
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

I dont know, either I suppose
You won't get anything from the UK. Basically once you move, all benefits are lost.

You can get a benefit of sorts here. You need to have your residence permit first though (thats the form you get after the Alien card). I've been here two years and still haven't got any kind of benefit for my kids (and one was born here!). Its all paper work! Everytime we go, something is filled in incorrectly or we're missing something.

The benefit will be paid out once a year in Dec. Its not that much - a couple of hundred pounds.

If a child is born here, your intitled to a one off payment of about £400. Didn't know this til it was too late.

It would be great if there was somewhere ex pats could go to, to find out everything they need to know about living here, benefits, rights etc
Old Aug 1st 2007, 10:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Honest_H
You won't get anything from the UK. Basically once you move, all benefits are lost.

You can get a benefit of sorts here. You need to have your residence permit first though (thats the form you get after the Alien card). I've been here two years and still haven't got any kind of benefit for my kids (and one was born here!). Its all paper work! Everytime we go, something is filled in incorrectly or we're missing something.

The benefit will be paid out once a year in Dec. Its not that much - a couple of hundred pounds.

If a child is born here, your intitled to a one off payment of about £400. Didn't know this til it was too late.

It would be great if there was somewhere ex pats could go to, to find out everything they need to know about living here, benefits, rights etc
When we lived in Cyprus we had no problem getting child benefit, we only completed one form, admittedly it was in Greek but we got someone to help us. Received the benefit in December but as you say it is about £4 a week.
Old Aug 1st 2007, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Its pathetic - doesn't even buy a pack of nappies!!

Hopefully we'll get it sorted out soon. Did you do yours though your local labour office?

We're doing ours at a place in Nicosia that does it on your behalf, not that it seems to be working!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.