Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Cyprus ? english speaking schools

Cyprus ? english speaking schools

Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

Cat0812 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Cyprus ? english speaking schools

Hi, Am trying to decide on schooling in Cyprus. We are looking at the main 4 english speaking schools in Limassol. Does any one have any knowledge/views/opinions on these to share?
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:05 am
Just Joined

Vnzr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cyprus ? english speaking schools

Hi Cat,

I lived in Limassol for 3 years during which my 2 children attended The Heritage School. :scared: My youngest was just 2 years old, flourished in the Kindergarten - and that is where it ends. My 1st Grader - had the most wonderful teacher Miss Christina, however the rest of the teaching staff were rubbish. The classrooms were hot in the summer, (no AC), and freezing in the winter - no heating. The Headmaster - Gary, did try to do his best, but the guy who owned the school, Mr Kypross, ran it purely for profit - I believe his daughter is in charge now. The senior school is full of 'teachers' which are his immediate family, nieces, nephews, who, when questioned about their teaching qualifications were VERY nervous. Although luckily this didn't happen to my boys, but my friends son attended the senior school. When it came to submitting his A levels into the YUCA system - The Heritage FORGOT luckily her son was in the UK at the time - 7 other kids weren't so lucky!

Also - I would love to know if the NEW school has been built yet? When I was there - the saga was still going on, building permits, excavation problems etc... and that I was told had been going on for 4 years before that! Seriously try somewhere else! If we had had stayed in Cypress my boys would have gone to the British school on Akritti (apologies for the spelling), which was very good when I was there. Although had a long waiting list was worth the commute. Hope this helps!
Old Sep 10th 2006, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

We too are looking at schooling in Cyprus, and most people we've spoken to have recommended Heritage School, but having ready your post we are now rethinking. Have checked their website and it only shows photos of the new school being built - no pics of new building, and doesn't seem to have been updated for quite a while. When we were there in April it was no where near ready (to our unskilled eyes).

So does anyone have any other recommendations ? We visited Foleys which tho is in an old building seemed good. Also have been recommended Limassol Grammar School - anyone got any comments ? All suggestions/recommendations or otherwise gratefully received. We are currently in Dubai where the kids are getting fantastic schooling, so are keen to get it right when we move particularly as our eldest will be starting GCSE's.

Thanks in advance
Nic
Old Sep 26th 2006, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Cat0812 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Cyprus ? english speaking schools

We are now in Cyprus and our 2 children are at The Heritage. I cannot comment on the senior school as ours are both junior, but I can say that we are very pleased so far and the children are very happy at school. Staff and other parents are friendly and we are pleased with the teachers.

The new school is now built, the final work is going on to the grounds/carpark etc. and it should be open after christmas.
Old Oct 11th 2006, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

j.voisey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cat0812
Hi, Am trying to decide on schooling in Cyprus. We are looking at the main 4 english speaking schools in Limassol. Does any one have any knowledge/views/opinions on these to share?
I'm the Vice-Principal at Logos School of English Education.

I hope you've included us as one of your "main 4"
Old Oct 14th 2006, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cat0812
Friends of ours have children at Logos School and they love it - website looks nice and we are looking at it for our two. Will be out again beginning of next year doing another round of the schools.

Are you already in Cyprus ? If not when are you moving out there ?

Cheers
Nic