Cyprus

Old Apr 21st 2007, 6:50 pm
Just Joined

richiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nice
Default Cyprus

Ok I have posted on here rearding Spain, but I also think of Cyprus as a potential destination.

How will it be for me moving to Cyprus in terms of jobs, not speaking Cypriot or Greek?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

richiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nicerichiec is just really nice
Default Re: Cyprus

Anyone?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 9:43 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I've recently come back from Cyprus having put down a deposit on a Villa. There are plenty of Brits working there but be prepared that the wages are very low in comparison to what you'd get in the UK. I guess it depends on what you're thinking of doing?
Old Apr 25th 2007, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I've recently come back from Cyprus having put down a deposit on a Villa. There are plenty of Brits working there but be prepared that the wages are very low in comparison to what you'd get in the UK. I guess it depends on what you're thinking of doing?
Well I am not sure really! Something fun, maybe something outside even. I do want enough to get by on though? I want to be able to live and have a little fun with my salary?

Cheers
Old Apr 27th 2007, 9:27 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Richie.

Seems to me that you're unsure as to what it is you'd like to do for a job?? Or even where it is that you want to live. Wherever you decide then one thing's for sure - learn the language!!

You might earn some fairly good (by Cyp standards) money working for yourself and providing a some sort of service where there's a gap in the market.

Other than that I don't think I can help you here

Last edited by derbyflan; Apr 27th 2007 at 9:37 am.
Old May 30th 2007, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

johnybegud is an unknown quantity at this point

As a Brit living and working in Cyprus I can say that you might find it difficult. Without knowing your profession/trade its even harder to say. I do know guys who have set up house-decorating companies, and satellite installation companies - and they cater almost exclusively to the resident Brit market. If you want anything ouitside that you really do need to speak the language in my opinion. Having said that I had an English friend who worked in marketing for a local agency - but salary never crept over £13k p.a. Another friend, working in the shipping industry though is in the top tax bracket - and she doesn't have Greek.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Alassa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Salaries are incredibly low compared to the UK and the cost of living is creeping up although you can live much cheaper than back home.

Bar work will bring in around £400 per month. Working on a building site maybe up to £500 per month.

Good luck whatever you decide.

Alassa
Old Jul 31st 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

I've found it very hard to get any kind of decent work. The salaries are very low. My husband earned big bucks in the UK as an accountant, he's now on a quarter of what he should be!

One thing we have found is that you need to find out about who your going to work for. I've have suffered from racial discrimination several times. Best option is to work for yourself, but coming up with an orginal idea is hard too!

Good luck
Old Aug 1st 2007, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

Alassa is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, you could have a look at some recruitment websites. www.grsrecruitment.com is quite a good one. It might give you an idea of job availability - can't recall if it posted salaries though.