cyprus

Old Dec 20th 2006, 9:05 pm
Just Joined

teddy_bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: cyprus

Originally Posted by niccidean
We dont fly out until December 27th as we are spending xmas and boxing day with family, but we will be seeing the new year in with friends in cyprus.
I think you are just going out for the cheap drink and the sun lol
Old Dec 23rd 2006, 11:57 am
Just Joined

relay52001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cyprus

http://www.transit-travel.com/kyreni...rth_cyprus.htm

if you paste the above link into your tool bar you will see the flights that we hope will be coming to N/Cyprus from March of next year.

Monarch are also flying into Larneca from next March. They are quoting £70.00 one way fares including taxes.
Old Jan 3rd 2007, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

alison & dennis is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been trying to find an owners forum for Seaterra Esentepe properties and tonight have stumbled on this one.i have read your comments with interest as I have also been trying to find cheap flights to the North and am most encouraged by the info re Monarch flying into Larnaca.I will keep my eye on this forum as I know that I will probably find out more from you than anywhere else.
Before I sign off could anyone tell me what the situation is re car hire from south to north?I know there are difficulties with the car hire but am not sure what they are.
Many thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2007, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

niccidean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi alison and dennis
you can bring a hire car from the south to the north, but not the other way around
best wishes
nicci
Old Jan 5th 2007, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for that.I understand though that Insurance is an issue.Can anyone fill me in please?
Old Jan 5th 2007, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

teddy_bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by niccidean
Hi alison and dennis
you can bring a hire car from the south to the north, but not the other way around
best wishes
nicci
Hi Nici when did you get back and how was the new year out in sunny cyprus Happy New Year to you.

Jim
Old Jan 5th 2007, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jim
Happy New Year
We arrived back in Skegness at about 1am this morning after a long and tedious flight ,{fingers crossed they go ahead with direct flights}
The nights are very cold out there at the moment and we ended up buying a calor gas heater, but the company we kept made up for the weather
New year was spent at the watermill hotel then we all went down to the square to see the fireworks:scared:
Now its back to normality
best wishes
Nicci
Old Jan 5th 2007, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

hi nicci.thanks for the info on car hire - you seem to know so much that i feel quite behind the times!you mention direct flights to the north.i have heard that virgin are trying to get there.what do you know please?it would make such a difference to fly to ercan direct but i suppose dirct flights by april is too much to expect.
i see that you are in skeg.my mum and dad used to live there.
ta alison
Old Jan 6th 2007, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Hi Alison
I am not sure when or who will be flying there, but its a topic on everybodys
lips.
reference car hire. i know there is a car insurance company that works for private cars from the north at the border, i would imagine its the same for hire cars from the south. i will try and find out.

We did not always live in skegness but have been here since 93, we originate from the south, born in Aldershot.
nicci
Old Jan 6th 2007, 7:47 am
Just Joined

thanks Nicci,i am grateful for any help re the insurance. Alison
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

relay52001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: cyprus

Hi Alison

There are some car hire Co that will let you take a rental from South to North but the insurance is only valid in the South so you have to take out extra insurance at the border, I think this costs about 10cyp or 30ytl for 3 days. Have been told that you can insure for a month for 45cyp, not sure why it is so expensive as it only cost us 60cyp for the year going the other way.

This is some info I found on another sight hope it helps.
Below is the site I got it from
http://www.phpbb88.com/northerncypru...northerncyprus
ba.com offers Cyprus tickets for only CYP 10

British Airways is celebrating the tenth anniversary of its website www.ba.com and is offering economy class travellers who log on to the site next Wednesday, January 10 a one-way ticket from Larnaca to London for a mere CYP 10 (EUR 17), plus airport taxes, charges and other fees.

Customers booking this price online will need to travel by March 31, while a return-leg ticket can be bought for the same price.

The offer will be available on the site only for one day.

According to an announcement ba.com is convenient, secure, and easy to use, giving travellers the chance to book British Airways flights online, check-in online and even print their boarding pass online from the comfort of their own home or office.

“This is a great offer giving travellers another reason to further familiarise themselves with ba.com and see how much the website has to offer, from excellent prices, flight network details, travel information and much much more”, said British Airways Manager Cyprus, Marianna Trokoudes.

She added that “British Airways will continue to develop its website in order to make journeys to and from London as smooth and enjoyable as possible”.

Regards

John
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

Thank you John - the info on the insurance is very useful as we may well use the Larnaca option for our next visit.However the BA offer will not suit us as we cannot get out until April,but I am sure that the details will be of huge help to other forum users. Alison