Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Christmas in Cyprus

Christmas in Cyprus

Old Dec 23rd 2010, 1:55 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Christmas in Cyprus

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all geared up for the festive season. I'm in the US so generally Christmas is much the same here as it is in the UK (except they don't have Boxing Day here ) and I was wondering how the Cypriots celebrate Christmas. I've never been to Cyprus so don't know the first thing about the country or its' Christmas traditions. Is Christmas celebrated there?
Old Mar 16th 2011, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

zygiman will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Christmas in Cyprus

Originally Posted by Sue
Hi everyone,

Hope you are all geared up for the festive season. I'm in the US so generally Christmas is much the same here as it is in the UK (except they don't have Boxing Day here ) and I was wondering how the Cypriots celebrate Christmas. I've never been to Cyprus so don't know the first thing about the country or its' Christmas traditions. Is Christmas celebrated there?
Christmas is celebrated in Cyprus, but Easter is the bigger festival. We just had Carnival, and now the Cypriots are fasting, well not all of them.