Car import to Cyprus

Car import to Cyprus

Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

TYKE2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Car import to Cyprus

Hi all

This is not an advert !!

I am selling a car in England. Its a BMW 4x4.

I have had a couple of calls from people in Cyprus showing interest.

Is it really feasible or economical for people in Cyprus to buy a car in the UK and import to Cyprus or am I being targeted by a scam?

Your quick responses would be gratefully received.

Tyke
Old Jan 17th 2008, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Car import to Cyprus

Originally Posted by TYKE2
Hi all

This is not an advert !!

I am selling a car in England. Its a BMW 4x4.

I have had a couple of calls from people in Cyprus showing interest.

Is it really feasible or economical for people in Cyprus to buy a car in the UK and import to Cyprus or am I being targeted by a scam?

Your quick responses would be gratefully received.

Tyke
Hi Tyke,

Yes it is feasible. Cars are imported all the time here. A UK car will have a better spec that those sold here, also, it could be one of the many Forces personel here, they can import cars duty free, so can get a top spec car for a fraction of the price. This also applies to ex pat retirees
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

But is it really cost effective to ship over to Cyprus?
When I was last there 4x4 cars seemed very cheap.
How much would it cost to buy a 3 year old X3, with a very high spec, and low miles etc in Cyprus.

Tyke
Old Jan 18th 2008, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Tyke,

If I'm out and about at the weekend, I'll see if I can find out a price.

They are all cheaper cos they are Japanese imports with low specs. If people want a high spec BM they import it.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Thanks H.

I did some research on the web and it seems there are 2 dealers in Paphos. who are buying luxury cars for cash to export to Cyprus. He just called me and says a bloke is on a plane today and coming with the cash tomorrow. Sounds ideal. (or too good to be true????)
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Great - hope it all works out!! Post and let me know
Old Jan 20th 2008, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Well

The guy came Saturday to look, said that he thought there was a problem with it being a 2.5 litre because of import tax being 50% higher on anything above 2.2 litre. He called Cyprus to check and confirmed it was ok. Then paid a small deposit and came back today with cash, which I quickly deposited in the bank night safe drop box that i use for business. But hes left the car here to pick up tomorrow. But hes insisted on taking the full log book because ha says he cant register in Cyprus without it... is this correct??

He says they buy all sorts of machinery,plant,trucks and a few cars and ship from immingham. They are based between Nicosia and Ayanappa.

Anyway i have the cash in the bank and the car in the garage, so still odd sounding to me.

Dave
Old Jan 20th 2008, 7:41 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

They are probably going to sell it on and don`t want their name on the logbook, so are asking for the whole page including the bit you are supposed to fill in and send off.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Well

Its been an eventful transaction, but the car has gone, it will be in a container tonight in immingham for export to sunny Cyprus. The cash is in the bank, no worries after all.
Thanks for the help H.

Tyke
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TYKE2
Well

Its been an eventful transaction, but the car has gone, it will be in a container tonight in immingham for export to sunny Cyprus. The cash is in the bank, no worries after all.
Thanks for the help H.

Tyke
No worries - and oh, contrary to belief - its not that sunny at the moment!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

andrewdiane is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw that you sold a 4X4 to somebody in Cyprus and I am interested in doing the same - can you give me a contact name and telephone number and any good advice you have - thanks - Andrew

Last edited by andrewdiane; Jul 9th 2008 at 2:04 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

berkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura aboutberkoboy has a spectacular aura about

I know it goes on with high spec cars, but I would say mostly trucks. my boss went over to UK and bought 53 plate Merc 6x2. dealer over here wanted £29000 over there he reckons with shipping, import whatever about £22000. I think he said it sosts 170 a sq m to ship, came out at about £1700.

Thats what he told me anyway!
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

The market for used 4X4s has really dried up in the UK so it may be worth paying the shipping to Cyprus to get a better price but I don't know whether there is some sort of import/export tax to pay
Old Jul 9th 2008, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew

Ill send you a pm with the phone number I have.
I had no problems, but I would be wary all the same.
Be just as vigilant as you would dealing with anyone in the UK.
Make sure you get cash at the bank or wait for cleared funds in your bank account before releasing a car.

Tyke
Old Jul 9th 2008, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Hello Tyke

Thanks for taking time to answer my question - much appreciated

Andrew

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.