Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Cyprus
Reload this Page >

Bar work in cyprus

Bar work in cyprus

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

LUFC1987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bar work in cyprus

I'm a 21 year old male who is hoping to move to cyprus in the next month or so depending on when I find a job/accomodation. I have a few areas in mind but prefrebly Ayia Napa, Limassol or Paphos. I will consider any type of work but I'm looking for something permanent (possibly bar work as I have plenty of experience). I've emailed a few hotels/bars etc but was just wondering how expensive is accomodation, will I earn enough to live on doing bar work and how likely is that I will get bar work at this time of year. Hope someone can help.

Cheers Jamie
Old Sep 5th 2008, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Honest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of lightHonest_H is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bar work in cyprus

Originally Posted by LUFC1987
I'm a 21 year old male who is hoping to move to cyprus in the next month or so depending on when I find a job/accomodation. I have a few areas in mind but prefrebly Ayia Napa, Limassol or Paphos. I will consider any type of work but I'm looking for something permanent (possibly bar work as I have plenty of experience). I've emailed a few hotels/bars etc but was just wondering how expensive is accomodation, will I earn enough to live on doing bar work and how likely is that I will get bar work at this time of year. Hope someone can help.

Cheers Jamie
Jamie,

Just something to consider - its nearly the end of the main tourist season, Ayia Napa, virtually closes down, so maybe best to look towards limassol or Paphos.

I have seen quite a lot of "staff wanted" signs in all areas.

Not sure how much it pays though. It might be that who ever you work for knows of accommodation available. Otherwise its reasonably cheap to rent a 1 bed apt.

Good luck
Old Sep 11th 2008, 6:14 am
Just Joined

NanaK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bar work in cyprus

there are a couple places on the net where you can start;
www.jobsincyprus.com

www.grsrecruitment.com

www.jobs.com.cy

www.cyprusjobs.com

Accommodation can be arranged, but might not be to your liking - too many people sharing and that.. But there's always apartments for rent, I'm sure you'll find something.

It is coming to the end of the season, so just make sure the bar you're planning on working at doesn't close over the winter - quite a few of them do in all areas.

Good luck!