'Your application is currently being prepared' email

Old Nov 9th 2018, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

A3am is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 'Your application is currently being prepared' email

I noticed on the timeline thread that people are receiving an email stating 'your application is currently being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer' quite early on in the application process. We applied from the US via priority processing and have not received this email. We are now over the 30 BDs and are starting to worry our supporting documents may have been overlooked. Is it normal to not receive this email? Should this be something we should be concerned about? If so, who should we contact?
Old Nov 9th 2018, 11:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'Your application is currently being prepared' email

Originally Posted by A3am
I noticed on the timeline thread that people are receiving an email stating 'your application is currently being prepared for consideration by entry clearance officer' quite early on in the application process. We applied from the US via priority processing and have not received this email. We are now over the 30 BDs and are starting to worry our supporting documents may have been overlooked. Is it normal to not receive this email? Should this be something we should be concerned about? If so, who should we contact?
Yes, it's normal. Perhaps not particularly desirable, but normal!
Old Nov 10th 2018, 1:27 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

C’est bon.
Old Nov 10th 2018, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. Is there anyway of contacting UKVI to confirm receipt of documents? We've contacted the email service and been given a generic reply which does not answer the question. The lack of communication is incredibly frustrating.
Old Nov 10th 2018, 9:45 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Did you send them by recorded delivery?
Old Nov 10th 2018, 10:04 am
Forum Regular

Yes. We sent via the courier service purchased through VFS. Everything, including the email receipt showed that the postage was to and from Sheffield, however after posting we noticed it said it was delivered to VFS in New York. We contacted them as we were concerned. We did everything to ensure they were sent to Sheffield. VFS informed us that the process has recently changed for US applications and they are now scanned in New York. However I've just noticed on here that many US applications are still being sent to Sheffield. I've tried emailing VFS again to raise my concerns. Our case is very straight forward. We are married and have been living together until we began this process (I have now had to return to the UK to start my new job). I earn well over the requirement and have done for many years which is why I'm so concerned that we haven't heard anything at all apart from generic replies via email from UKVI. I don't expect UKVI to expedite my case or even give me a timescale. I just want confirmation they have received our supporting documents, whether physical or scanned and are processing our case. How would be the best way of going about this?
Old Nov 10th 2018, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Just to shed some light. We submitted an email via the online system. In one of the generic email replies from UKVI they did mention 'I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision'. Is this reassuring? We received this email 10 days ago.
Old Nov 10th 2018, 3:26 pm

Just to shed some light. We submitted an email via the online system. In one of the generic email replies from UKVI they did mention 'I can confirm that your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision'. Is this reassuring? We received this email 10 days ago.
Does that not answer your question?
Old Nov 12th 2018, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point

did you send this email after 30 days from biometrics?

We recently applied, I have been returned my documents back from Sheffield but never got any email stating that a caseworker has been assigned or anything at all for that matter from UKVI
Old Nov 12th 2018, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

It was probably about 20 BD in. I called again today and they confirmed if they hadn't received the documents by now then they would have been in contact with us. They confirmed it is being processed and awaiting a decision. I know there are lots of reasons it can take longer, even for priority, but our case is very straight forward and there seems to be plenty of applicants that applied later getting approved already on the timeline. I can't help but worry.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

Fulacouple is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bookerw100
did you send this email after 30 days from biometrics?

We recently applied, I have been returned my documents back from Sheffield but never got any email stating that a caseworker has been assigned or anything at all for that matter from UKVI
Have you had an outcome from your application?

I am completely in the boat here. We did the online application on 26th Sept. Biometrics 12th Oct. Documents sent recorded delivery and signed for on 22 Oct. Up to date....no communication to say they've received it or that an ECO is having a look. Singularly the most stressful thing I've ever gone through.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point

No outcome yet. Have you received your documents back?

I wonder if its worth asking a status update from UKVI even if one hasn't hit the 30 days response timeline (if priority) to at least find out if a case worker has been assigned or not.