Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Why financial documents for naturalisation after ILR SET(M)?

Why financial documents for naturalisation after ILR SET(M)?

Old Jan 12th 2022, 10:49 pm
Forum Regular

Ryan2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why financial documents for naturalisation after ILR SET(M)?

Hi

My wife is applying for her naturalisation after her ILR SET(M).
I am self-employed and have my own limited company, and my wife is the 2nd directory.

As part of the documents requirement, she has been asked to provide:

The most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment.

Is something usually Home-office ask? I thought there is no financial requirement for naturalisation application.
Old Jan 12th 2022, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why financial documents for naturalisation after ILR SET(M)?

Originally Posted by Ryan2
Hi

My wife is applying for her naturalisation after her ILR SET(M).
I am self-employed and have my own limited company, and my wife is the 2nd directory.

As part of the documents requirement, she has been asked to provide:

The most recent tax year account statement and corresponding HMRC tax return as proof of self-employment.

Is something usually Home-office ask? I thought there is no financial requirement for naturalisation application.

Just looked at hard copy form AN and this requirement is in there too. It's only asked of Self employed.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 1:33 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s to ensure you have paid your taxes.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 4:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis

.... my thoughts too !
Old Jan 13th 2022, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

So do we need provide the evidence that tax been paid? I am sure they able to check themselves

Last edited by Ryan2; Jan 13th 2022 at 2:42 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 3:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So do we need provide the evidence that tax been paid? I am sure they able to check themselves
They can if you’re PAYE. If you’re self-employed you need to provide the documents you listed.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

They can if you’re PAYE. If you’re self-employed you need to provide the documents you listed.
As they only asked the recent documents, I am providing:

The recent tax year account statement - SA302 for year 2020-2021
The resent corresponding HMRC tax return- SA100 - for year 2020-2021

Anything else you recommend to send it to them?

Thank you
Old Jan 13th 2022, 3:40 pm

As they only asked the recent documents, I am providing:

The recent tax year account statement - SA302 for year 2020-2021
The resent corresponding HMRC tax return- SA100 - for year 2020-2021

Anything else you recommend to send it to them?

Thank you
If that’s all they are asking for in this regard then that’s all you need to send.