Referees - Nationalization - complicated change name

Old Jan 13th 2022, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Ryan2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Referees - Nationalization - complicated change name

Thanks, everyone, for helping us in this amazing forum.

My wife changed her surname to mine, and all her life in the UK is on her new surname. That wasn't any issue for renewing her visa and ILR as we have deed poll signed by solicitor , but our referees who are signing the form, knowing my wife with her new surname.

Do you think this will be any issue? A conveying letter and explain it will be enough?
Old Jan 13th 2022, 3:26 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Referees - Nationalization - complicated change name

If your referees know your wife under her current surname then what is the issue?
Old Jan 13th 2022, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
If your referees know your wife under her current surname then what is the issue?
The application is on her old surname.

Home office refused to changed BRP card to new surname as her foreign passport is on her old surname.
She can't change her surname in her passport based on their homeland country.

Last edited by Ryan2; Jan 13th 2022 at 3:40 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 3:41 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I think it’s a non-issue if all her other documents are in your surname and you’re providing your marriage certificate.
Old Jan 13th 2022, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Referees - Nationalization - complicated change name

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I think it’s a non-issue if all her other documents are in your surname and you’re providing your marriage certificate.
Thanks BritInParis.

Really helpful