When do you pay for Priority?

Old Sep 4th 2017, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute
Default When do you pay for Priority?

did my Wife's settlement visa application online on Friday. We chose priority but when we came to pay the only choice was standard.

Is the priority payment made at the application centre (VFS in our case)? we are going there tomorrow for the Biometrics and documents

n.b. we are applying in Dubai
Old Sep 4th 2017, 8:03 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When do you pay for Priority?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
did my Wife's settlement visa application online on Friday. We chose priority but when we came to pay the only choice was standard.

Is the priority payment made at the application centre (VFS in our case)? we are going there tomorrow for the Biometrics and documents

n.b. we are applying in Dubai
Others will be along shortly, but from what I've heard of the situation with Spouse visas and the delays it's highly possible that priority may have been dropped at the moment, people are saying that there is, currently with the delays, no difference so you are paying for something that doesn't exist. Once the initial teething difficulties are sorted then priority may well become available again.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

ok will find out tomorrow when we get to VFS tomorrow.

Hoping there are no big delays in our case as otherwise it means asking my current company to hold off cancelling my visa here in December in order that my wife can stay.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 8:19 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
ok will find out tomorrow when we get to VFS tomorrow.

Hoping there are no big delays in our case as otherwise it means asking my current company to hold off cancelling my visa here in December in order that my wife can stay.
Current timings are something like 4 to 6 months, there are a few timelines and problems with.. on the forum.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 9:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Current timings are something like 4 to 6 months, there are a few timelines and problems with.. on the forum.
Yes I've been looking at those. have to hope we are one of the lucky ones that get ours earlier.

I will have to travel as planned. Can probably (unwilingly) extend my wife's stay here by a month or 2. After that we'll probably have to look at requesting her passport back and reapplying again from her home country.

trying to keep the full extent of my worries about this from her. She will be gutted to not be able to spend Christmas in England as planned. If we have to separate for an extended period it will be tough on us both. we are rarely apart.

I have read on one other forum that the backlog is expected to be cleared during this month. This is what that poster was advised by their MP after a check with the Home Office. Lets hope that is true.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 10:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

It's up to you, but I'd still apply with priority.

When I applied 2 years ago from Australia, I paid the priority fee along with the visa fee, online. Best of luck for a quick decision.
Old Sep 4th 2017, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
It's up to you, but I'd still apply with priority.

When I applied 2 years ago from Australia, I paid the priority fee along with the visa fee, online. Best of luck for a quick decision.
I am planning on asking at VFS tomorrow to pay the extra for priority.
can afford to pay it
Old Sep 4th 2017, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ok I decided to advise my wife regarding the current worries. Better not to let that weigh in my mind.