Visitor Visa application - proof I will return home?

Old Sep 21st 2015, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Bakerboy1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visitor Visa application - proof I will return home?

Hi,
When applying for a UK Visitor Visa to visit family in the UK, do I need to provide evidence that I will return to my home country before the Visa expires?

If so, what is considered evidence?

Thank you.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 9:13 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitor Visa application - proof I will return home?

Originally Posted by Bakerboy1977
Hi,
When applying for a UK Visitor Visa to visit family in the UK, do I need to provide evidence that I will return to my home country before the Visa expires?

Thank you.
But aren't you a UK (British) citizen??
Old Sep 21st 2015, 9:17 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Thank you.
You are a UK citizen, therefore do not need a visa to come to the UK, and you can stay as long as you want.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Bakerboy1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You are a UK citizen, therefore do not need a visa to come to the UK, and you can stay as long as you want.
Yes, I am a UK citizen but I am asking this on behalf of someone else who is not from the UK. Consider it a hypothetical question.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 4:05 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am a UK citizen but I am asking this on behalf of someone else who is not from the UK. Consider it a hypothetical question.
Perhaps a more carefully worded post would have helped.
So, if I've got this right, you are asking on behalf of a friend, so the I in your post really means 'a friend'.

Yes, the friend would need to show ties to their home country, job, home etc otherwise immigration just might think thet were trying to get into the country to live and work, they should also show they have sufficient funds in place for the visit.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 7:18 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Depends which passport your friend holds and whether or not they are a visa national and/or from a high risk country.