UK Visa Process - 2nd Round

Old Sep 21st 2015, 8:54 am
Just Joined

VicRiddell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Visa Process - 2nd Round

Hello all -

I am an American who married a British man. When we married we applied for visas to live here in the UK, on the basis of our marriage. Part of the application process was my husband having to submit 6 months worth of pay stubs - to show that he is able to support myself and my son.

Currently my husband has the potential to change jobs, however, as our 2nd round of visas is approaching, we are unsure as to:

- If he changes jobs, will it be sufficient if he has 6 pay stubs, 2 being from his former employee and 4 being from his 'potential' new employer?
- Do the 6 pay stubs have to be from the same employer?

I should add - this potential employer will pay substantially more than the current employer but we first need to know if changes jobs will effect our visa process for the 2nd round of visas.

Any help/insight will be great appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Victoria
Old Sep 21st 2015, 12:33 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Visa Process - 2nd Round

Originally Posted by VicRiddell
Hello all -

I am an American who married a British man. When we married we applied for visas to live here in the UK, on the basis of our marriage. Part of the application process was my husband having to submit 6 months worth of pay stubs - to show that he is able to support myself and my son.

Currently my husband has the potential to change jobs, however, as our 2nd round of visas is approaching, we are unsure as to:

- If he changes jobs, will it be sufficient if he has 6 pay stubs, 2 being from his former employee and 4 being from his 'potential' new employer?

I should add - this potential employer will pay substantially more than the current employer but we first need to know if changes jobs will effect our visa process for the 2nd round of visas.

Thanks in advance!
Victoria
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Can't help I'm afraid, but you should post again in the Moving Back to the UK Section of the forum. (This Section is for Expats living in Continental Europe.)
Maybe a Mod can transfer it for you?
Old Sep 21st 2015, 1:43 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VicRiddell
Hello all -

Thanks in advance!
Victoria
Welcome to BE.

I have moved your thread over to our UK Immigration forum.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE.

These are the different catagories he can sponsor you under. Have a look and see what catagory is best for you.
https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ugust_2015.pdf

There is the uk-yankee.com forum for US citizens who come to the UK as spouse and they may be able to help you further, or they are there for you if you want a moan about us Brits
Visas & Citizenship

Last edited by formula; Sep 21st 2015 at 6:14 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2015, 7:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Read chapter 5 of Appendix FM Section 1.7. It contains the answers you seek.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ugust_2015.pdf
Old Sep 22nd 2015, 10:20 am
Just Joined

VicRiddell is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone!

I am a bit confused with this all - 2 years have left me a bit confused with this entire process.