Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Visa vignette issued, but we can't arrive in UK before expiry date!

Visa vignette issued, but we can't arrive in UK before expiry date!

Old Mar 19th 2018, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

JohnJT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa vignette issued, but we can't arrive in UK before expiry date!

Originally Posted by JohnJT
All, i have just reveived notice that a decision on my wife’s settlement visa has been made. We have 21 days as per email received from moscow TLS to produce the passports for hopefully a vignette. As my wife already had a 5 year uk family visa, she has been in the uk for the full process of application in sheffield. Due to small family members my wife cannot travel to moscow to process the passport- during application we selected the “ keep passport while applying” section which is how she arrived into the uk with me. I do know that i can present and pick up her passport from moscow but the question is - does the vignette have to be stamped upon arrival into uk. As i will be carrying this and my wife will be already in the uk. I am concerned that after my return and then picking up the Final document from the local post office not having the vignette stamped may cause immigration issues. Please advise if possible. I hope i have been clear in the details.
sorry i added to this instead of starting a new thread. New thread now made title “ uk wife settlement visa decision made - moscow. Sorry for any confusion
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

JAZIMJIFFRY is an unknown quantity at this point

HI ALL,

my wife got her visa granted on 5.5.2019 and she got it for 30days. we got a baby now so she cant travel to UK between this time limit. therefor I have applied for a vignette transfer to her visa on 1.6.2019 submitted the online application. and when I went to book an appointment with VFS they only have dates available after 11.6.2019 which is after her visa expiry date. visa expires on 6.6.2019. so I want to find out if she submits her application to VFS after her visa runout is it will be a problem?

much appreciate your advice.
Thank you.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 2:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAZIMJIFFRY
HI ALL,

my wife got her visa granted on 5.5.2019 and she got it for 30days. we got a baby now so she cant travel to UK between this time limit. therefor I have applied for a vignette transfer to her visa on 1.6.2019 submitted the online application. and when I went to book an appointment with VFS they only have dates available after 11.6.2019 which is after her visa expiry date. visa expires on 6.6.2019. so I want to find out if she submits her application to VFS after her visa runout is it will be a problem?

much appreciate your advice.
Thank you.
No.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for the quick reply. so we can still get vignette transfer get done is it ?
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 2:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the quick reply. so we can still get vignette transfer get done is it ?
Yes.
Old Jun 2nd 2019, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: Visa vignette issued, but we can't arrive in UK before expiry date!

Thank you for your help. I will confirm the appointment for 11.6.2019
Old Jun 13th 2019, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Amychi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your help. I will confirm the appointment for 11.6.2019
please anyone successful with the vignette extention
Old Jun 13th 2019, 10:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amychi
please anyone successful with the vignette extention
If you follow the procedure and apply, there's no reason why you won't be granted a Transfer of Conditions (extension of time to enter the UK)
Old Jun 13th 2019, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Amychi is an unknown quantity at this point

Please whats the exact procedure and how long does it take ? And the extended vignette visa is it for another one month
Old Jun 15th 2019, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amychi
Please whats the exact procedure and how long does it take ? And the extended vignette visa is it for another one month
hi it will take about 15days. Ya i guess they will give another 1month visa.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 10:47 am
Just Joined

britinchina is an unknown quantity at this point

osakamackem JAZIMJIFFRY Did you you get the Vignette extensions in the end? How long did it take for you to receive it after submitting the online application? I might need to apply for my wife and there is very little info online about it. Many thanks.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

124lynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Amychi
May i know how to go about extending the validity?
Cheers
Old Jul 15th 2019, 3:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 124lynn
Hi Amychi
May i know how to go about extending the validity?
Cheers
Amychi didn't know how to do it and was asking others. But if you go back to the start of the thread and read the first few posts, there is your answer. Hopefully those answers are still applicable, but this thread is nearly 18 months old, so just in case the process has changed I'll close it now - if you need to ask further questions, please start a new thread.

Thx.