Visa for my little Aussie

Old Apr 20th 2010, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Martinw02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa for my little Aussie

Originally Posted by northernbird
You are definitely VERY odd if you think I have red hair!!!
Well you look look a Ranga. Anyway, the point is that I was trying to be funny and the comment really was not intended to stand up to literal scrutiny.

Going back to your defense of JAJ, I looked back at some of your posts and thought how pedestrian and hackneyed your thoughts tended to be, which really puts paid to the notion that just because someone has thousands of posts to their "credit", that they are of any value whatsoever. Quality, not quantity.

Last edited by Martinw02; Apr 20th 2010 at 11:36 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:36 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martinw02
Well you look look a Ranga. Anyway, the point is that I was trying to be funny and the comment really was not intended to stand up to literal scrutiny.

Going back to your defense of JAJ, I looked back at some of your posts and thought how pedestrian and hackneyed your thoughts tended to be, which really puts paid to the notion that just because someone has thousands of posts to their "credit", that they are of any value whatsoever. Quality, not quantity.
While I agree with you about the quality, JAJ is a positive and well respected contributer to this site with years of knowledge on immigration and citizenship matters. I still think your response to him was out of order. I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this issue.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:48 am
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

I'm being sardonic, which is kind of humour. But it needs a bit of intellect to pick it out. Oops, there I go again!
You asked for advice and then proceeded to insult the person that gave you some.

This isn't the way normal, mature people behave.

I guess you won't be receiving any more help/advice from people on BE. You'll
have go back to paying $1.50 per min for the privilege of talking to the British High Commission. What a wally

Last edited by BAY; Apr 21st 2010 at 1:54 am.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. Hope someone might be able to help, since the British High Commission charge $1.50 per min for the privilege of talking to them.

I'm a British national and my wife is Irish, but my 3-year old son is Aussie (there is a joke in there somewhere). Anyway, we're moving back to the UK permanently very shortly and we overlooked the need to get him a passport. I'm sure he'd be entitled to a British passport, but it's very expensive to get one here in Oz and it's very short notice.

If we go back to the UK without a British passport for him, at some point we'll have to get one, but I assume he'd be entitled to stay for a while as an Aussie whilst we sort it out there.

Any advice would be welcome.
Had to chuckle at some of your replies...but had a humph moment when I read the comment "Northern......."beinga Northerner myself....well say no more...beleive it or not some of us are inteligent, witty etc,etc......okay back to your questions, I know if in an emergency you can gain an Aus passport within 3 working days for an extra $78 if needed by a certain date....I was informed by immigration that if we were to enter the UK on our Aus passports on a one way ticket we would be asked a few questions and maybe refused entry...luckily...very luckily lol...we are British and have our British passports....so it looks like you might have to bite the bullet and gain a British/Irish passport for your "little un"....sometimes we just have to dig that little deaper in our pockets that would upset my Dad as at times he has very long pockets...lol...but sometimes it just saves on the stress etc...good luck
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

canadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond reputecanadaeh has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know how much he wants to spend, but the Irish childs passport is only 16 EURO for children Under 3, and 26.50 EURO for Children over 3.

All you have to do is contact the Irish Embassy here in Australia and they will get the forms out to you.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 5:39 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Do they still use the term "wally" in the UK meaning nerd, geek, looser, or perhaps a person who's company is found to be undesirable or uninspiring?
They don't use the term Wally so much now... what they tend to do is smack tw@ts like you in the mouth first and ask questions later.

You came on here because you are too much of a tight arse to get professional advice for your 'problem' and then start having a go at the first person who tries to help.

What a Wally.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 9:47 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your advice, but you still sound a bit of a dill; re the above comment. It must be obvious that my posts placement here, if it's not supposed to be, was a mistake and pointing it out to me in a nice way would have gone down better .

All those stars have gone to your head, perhaps.
I used to say that at school, are you from the Joey Deacon era or the Stephen Hawkings one? Personally I am Joey Deacon - we used to say 'Joey' or 'Dill' with our tongues in funny positions.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Martinw02 is an unknown quantity at this point

Gosh, where do I start.....

Originally Posted by BAY

This isn't the way normal, mature people behave.
I guess I’m a bit toward the edge of the Bell Curve, but you sound like you’re right in the middle. Do you get invited to dinner parties much?

Originally Posted by brits1
Had to chuckle at some of your replies...but had a humph moment when I read the comment "Northern......."beinga Northerner myself....well say no more...
At last, someone who does not take this seriously.

Originally Posted by canadaeh
Don't know how much he wants to spend, but the Irish childs passport is only 16 EURO for children Under 3, and 26.50 EURO for Children over 3.

All you have to do is contact the Irish Embassy here in Australia and they will get the forms out to you.
Bargain. Thanks.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
They don't use the term Wally so much now... what they tend to do is smack tw@ts like you in the mouth first and ask questions later.

You came on here because you are too much of a tight arse to get professional advice for your 'problem' and then start having a go at the first person who tries to help.

What a Wally.
I bet you wrote that on your mum’s PC in between having a pull over the latest offer from Apple and having a chat to your mates in Clingon. I’ll wait for your next response after your tea, as I think your mum is calling.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I used to say that at school, are you from the Joey Deacon era or the Stephen Hawkings one? Personally I am Joey Deacon - we used to say 'Joey' or 'Dill' with our tongues in funny positions.
Actually dill is a bit of an Aussie colloquialism and is common. Interesting you mention Stephen Hawking. Some years ago I called the Sun Newspaper to see how much they would pay for a story about Hawking and that he really was just a jelly brain in a remote controlled wheelchair operated by someone hiding around the corner with a walkie talkie.

Oh, and.....

Originally Posted by BAY
I guess you won't be receiving any more help/advice from people on BE. You'll
have go back to paying $1.50 per min for the privilege of talking to the British High Commission. What a wally
Well I really cooked my goose there, didn't I. Although smart people might use a different username. Duh!

Last edited by Martinw02; Apr 21st 2010 at 11:45 am.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:53 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I’m a bit toward the edge of the Bell Curve, but you sound like you’re right in the middle. Do you get invited to dinner parties much?

Bargain. Thanks.

I bet you wrote that on your mum’s PC in between having a pull over the latest offer from Apple and having a chat to your mates in Clingon. I’ll wait for your next response after your tea, as I think your mum is calling.

Actually dill is a bit of an Aussie colloquialism and is common. Interesting you mention Stephen Hawking. Some years ago I called the Sun Newspaper to see how much they would pay for a story about Hawking and that he really was just a jelly brain in a remote controlled wheelchair operated by someone hiding around the corner with a walkie talkie.

Oh, and.....

Well I really cooked my goose there, didn't I. Although smart people might use a different username. Duh!
Is it an Aussie term? I often wonder if Stephen Hawking changed the recording of his voice box machine and made it Devonshire, would he sound quite so smart.

You know if you send someone a text message to their landline phone, the message comes out in Stephen Hawkings type voice - its so funny. Very childish I shall admit but I do find it funny.

Im sure Stephen Hawkings wife beat him for annoying her - my friend said she had read it somewhere but I might check.

Old Apr 21st 2010, 3:29 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Bargain. Thanks.

Oh, and.....

Whatever small things please small minds...

Last edited by BAY; Apr 21st 2010 at 3:32 pm.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 4:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Well this has gone a bit pear-shaped hasn't it.

Just a little note about manners before I close this thread. If someone takes the time to answer your question, or share their experiences in order to help you with info, its polite to say thank you.

Sue