Visa help!!!!

Old Jun 25th 2019, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Daveyboy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa help!!!!

Firstly great to see a forum of this sort and the amount of members who could possibly help!
I travelled to the US in november 2018 to marry my fiancee, which I did in december 2018 😃 i am currently in process of waiting to recieve paper work so i can qork legally and travel documents so ican holiday back in the UK. Trouble is this, my father has been ill for sometime and is developing dementia, i wish to return home and bring my wife with me and stay in the UK perminently. What kind of process or visa would she need as I don't want to return home alone. Thanks for any help or advice! 😃
Old Jun 25th 2019, 7:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa help!!!!

Did you travel to the US on a K-1 visa?
Old Jun 25th 2019, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you travel to the US on a K-1 visa?
Yes to marry her as we were engaged since the previous October. (2017)

Old Jun 25th 2019, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You would have to sponsor your wife for a settlement visa
Read the following document carefully to see how you qualify under the financial requirements.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ent-ext_1_.pdf

Basically you can meet the financial requirements (income of 18,600 GBP per annum) by employment, savings, pensions, non employment income.
Old Jun 25th 2019, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

So basically I would have to fly home, leave her in the US while I find a job that earns me enough so I can bring her over?
Old Jun 25th 2019, 9:26 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveyboy85
So basically I would have to fly home, leave her in the US while I find a job that earns me enough so I can bring her over?
Unless you have sufficient savings (£62,500), or already have a job in the US paying at least the equivalent of £18,600, (which you already said you don't), yes.

You will need 6 months of pay slips to support a visa application for your wife, so given that you presumably also need to find work, and then it takes time for the visa to be processed, plan on it taking 9-12 months before your wife can relocate permanently to the UK. She can visit the UK while you are accumulating payslips and/or while the visa is being processed, but she will need to return to the US to receive her visa.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 25th 2019 at 9:31 pm.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
Unless you have sufficient savings (£62,500), or already have a job in the US paying at least the equivalent of £18,600, (which you already said you don't), yes.

You will need 6 months of pay slips to support a visa application for your wife, so given that you presumably also need to find work, and then it takes time for the visa to be processed, plan on it taking 9-12 months before your wife can relocate permanently to the UK. She can visit the UK while you are accumulating payslips and/or while the visa is being processed, but she will need to return to the US to receive her visa.
Thanks for the help. Sorry for the late response. Who has to apply for her visa? Me or her? I take it thats its all done online?
thanks again.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daveyboy85
Thanks for the help. Sorry for the late response. Who has to apply for her visa? Me or her? I take it thats its all done online?
thanks again.
She applies from the US. Website below

You, the Brit, are the sponsor.......

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa