Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Question about funds for sponsering partner moving to UK.

Question about funds for sponsering partner moving to UK.

Old Jul 25th 2019, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

xmiki is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about funds for sponsering partner moving to UK.

I will be sponsoring my partner to come to the UK. As I don't meet the £18,600 salary threshold I am using savings as proof of funds instead.My question is, how long after the visa is approved, must I hold onto those funds for? Our plan is to use my savings to purchase a property and I wonder when I would be allowed to do that. Ideally I would like to purchase the property before he comes and settles in the UK permanently but if it’s expected for me to hold onto the funds then we would have to rent for the time being.Are there any rules or guidelines regarding this? Or is it that after the visa is approved, you’re free to do with the funds what you wish.
Old Jul 25th 2019, 11:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question about funds for sponsering partner moving to UK.

You can use the funds as soon as you apply but it’s better to hold onto them until after you receive a positive decision.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 1:21 am
Just Joined

xmiki is an unknown quantity at this point

That's good to hear, thank you - I couldn't find that information anywhere online.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 3:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Bear in mind however that you’ll need to meet the financial requirements again after 2.5 and 5 years.