Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Uploaded documents but getting duplicate email to upload again?

Uploaded documents but getting duplicate email to upload again?

Old Nov 3rd 2022, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

Gullible is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uploaded documents but getting duplicate email to upload again?

We, (me (Uk) and husband (US) ) submitted our application on 2nd September. Biometric appointment 28th September. Uploaded online via (vfs global) all supporting documents and took all originals to the bio appointment as requested. They werent interested in seeing them.

Got an email about 4 weeks later stating that the application had been recieved and was "at the UK Decision Making Centre. Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer"

So we sat tight...we have just received the exact same email again today and my husband thinks we need to post all our supporting documents to New York.

As i read it (and read it the first time) this is for people who haven't uploaded their documents online (for free)

Am I correct? (we have confirmation of uploads)

But this brings me to my worry, have VFS global screwed up and the "entry clearance officer" hasnt recieved our uploads?

Or have we misunderstood what was needed of us and screwed up?

Why a duplicate email 4 weeks apart? If the 5 day cut off applied then,.... why didnt it apply 4 weeks ago (we didnt send any more documents than those we uploaded?)

Very confused and not sure what to do next?
Thanks for reading

Last edited by Gullible; Nov 3rd 2022 at 8:08 pm.