Unresponsive Solicitors

Old Mar 1st 2022, 12:26 pm
Just Joined

newbie35 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Unresponsive Solicitors

Hi everyone, has any you had any experience with your visa case worker/solicitor who does not respond to your emails on time (weeks late) or doesn't answer your calls and how did you handle this. We hired a solicitor to assist with our Fiancé visa application back in December 2020, but due to the changing travel restrictions in my home country (Philippines), plus being added to the red list countries, our solicitor recommended that we wait until my country was taken out of the list. Now we are ready to resume with our application. I reached out to him early January and only got a response first week of February. The case worker advised that he will schedule a documents review on the 2nd week of Feb, however have not heard back since then. I was able to get a hold of him on the phone last Thursday Feb 24 and he told me that he will reply to my email. And again, no email has been received. I called his number and their office yesterday and today and was told that he is not picking up the call (probably busy). Our purpose for hiring a solicitor is to lessen the pressure and stress of the preparation and application process, however I am having more anxiety now than when I was preparing/collating our documents. I also do not want to bombard him with emails and phone calls as I do not want him to rush and make mistakes. Thank you in advance for your feedback.
Old Mar 1st 2022, 12:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unresponsive Solicitors

Hi, welcome to BE.

Most people just do their own applications, so you may not find many on the forum that have used solicitors. Are you able to cancel and apply yourself maybe?