Ukraine and impact on UK Family Visa

Old Apr 19th 2022, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Sir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ukraine and impact on UK Family Visa

That's the first time I've seen that option. Which application centre did you apply through?

This is the general guidance we followed, and was confirmed in a subsequent communication from the biometric center: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa

Once your appointment confirmation letter is stamped at the ASC, you will have 5 days to post this, your application form, current passport, UPS return shipping label, and any supporting documents (if you haven’t uploaded them online) to:

VFS Services USA Inc.
UKVI Scanning Hub
145 West 45th St
Floor 5
New York NY

All applications must include your current passport with at least one blank visa page on both sides. If your application is posted without a passport the application will be refused.

Last edited by Sir Spangle; Apr 19th 2022 at 9:45 pm.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 1:05 am
Just Joined

tasneempithawala is an unknown quantity at this point

The option to keep the passport is available in India too. But I am not sure if your wife can visit while the process is ongoing. Check on that detail thoroughly because I think she cannot as far as I have read. I might be wrong... But check on that.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Spangle
That's the first time I've seen that option. Which application centre did you apply through?

This is the general guidance we followed, and was confirmed in a subsequent communication from the biometric center: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa
Originally Posted by tasneempithawala
The option to keep the passport is available in India too. But I am not sure if your wife can visit while the process is ongoing. Check on that detail thoroughly because I think she cannot as far as I have read. I might be wrong... But check on that.
I think it's decided center by center. there are 6 offices scattered around Canada and I'm not sure they all offer this service.

According to the chat I had with my wife the VFS agent insisted people did this all the time and its not a problem but she did state something along the lines of "I shouldn't be telling you this, as I'm not an immigration agent..."

Really not sure if it's worth the risk. Especially if it turns out to be a few weeks longer (15 instead of 12). I think for me it'd not knowing if it's 4 months or 6 months, this is a big difference when you have really young kids.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

tasneempithawala is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
I think it's decided center by center. there are 6 offices scattered around Canada and I'm not sure they all offer this service.

According to the chat I had with my wife the VFS agent insisted people did this all the time and its not a problem but she did state something along the lines of "I shouldn't be telling you this, as I'm not an immigration agent..."

Really not sure if it's worth the risk. Especially if it turns out to be a few weeks longer (15 instead of 12). I think for me it'd not knowing if it's 4 months or 6 months, this is a big difference when you have really young kids.
I totally understand your concern tbh. But I really advice you not listen to those vfs folks. They don't know anything. Took advice from them and here I am waiting for my visa today (it's been 4 months) . Talk to an immigration advisor who knows about it.
Old Apr 20th 2022, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest joke of all is this:
"UK Decision Making Centre"

Almost all UK government agencies are in a mess right now, Visas, Pensions,
Passports, Driving Licenses...whatever you do try to apply well in time and be prepared for a long wait with poor or no communication.
It's a big mess right now.
Old Apr 21st 2022, 10:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

It was reported only 2 days ago that, on average across all departments, only 44% of staff have returned to the offices.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Expatrick
It was reported only 2 days ago that, on average across all departments, only 44% of staff have returned to the offices.
Just because they have not returned to the offices doesn’t mean they aren’t productive. Assuming they have the technology to WFH of course. Such old school thinking that people are not working if they aren’t in the office. From my experience you are more productive.
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Glendarino is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marigoldfairy
Just because they have not returned to the offices doesn’t mean they aren’t productive. Assuming they have the technology to WFH of course. Such old school thinking that people are not working if they aren’t in the office. From my experience you are more productive.
then they need to start acting like it!
Old Apr 23rd 2022, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

marigoldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Glendarino
then they need to start acting like it!
To be fair we had my visa within the timeframe, and may have got lucky from timing with the Ukraine situation, but it was still while they were apparently not back in the office.
Old Apr 27th 2022, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

Glendarino is an unknown quantity at this point

Pulled from Twitter……. If this is true, which I suspect it is. This is awful news