Ukraine and impact on UK Family Visa

Old Apr 12th 2022, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ukraine and impact on UK Family Visa

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
Is this stated in any official documentation? I'm sorry if this appears rude, I'm not trying to be, I'm simply trying to keep my family together so that we don't have 5 months apart. My wife is willing to 'visit' and fly back to Canada if that's an option but we don't want to jeopardize things obviously.
I think this is it...
"Immigration status requirements
E-LTRP.2.1. The applicant must not be in the UK-
  1. (a) as a visitor; or
  2. (b) with valid leave granted for a period of 6 months or less, unless that leave is as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, or was granted pending the outcome of family court or divorce proceedings
E-LTRP.2.2. The applicant must not be in the UK –
  1. (a) on immigration bail, unless:
    1. (i) the Secretary of State is satisfied that the applicant arrived in the UK more than 6 months prior to the date of application; and
    2. (ii) paragraph EX.1. applies; or
  2. (b) in breach of immigration laws (except that, where paragraph 39E of these Rules applies, any current period of overstaying will be disregarded), unless paragraph EX.1. applies."
Old Apr 12th 2022, 10:52 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Your wife is applying for Leave to Enter as a Spouse which cannot be granted if she has already been granted Leave to Enter as a Visitor. The regulations you have quoted refer to the regulation which prevents an applicant from switching to a spouse visa whilst in the UK as a visitor.
Old Apr 16th 2022, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Sir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ArthurBrit
I'm thinking of ways of getting my family back together as early as possible and as I read that the visa processing times may end up being more along the 16-26 week timeline I am looking for ideas or options at this point..
Can you share where you read it was now a 16-26 week timeline? I'd like to know more on this.
Old Apr 18th 2022, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

ArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond reputeArthurBrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir Spangle
Can you share where you read it was now a 16-26 week timeline? I'd like to know more on this.
It's was from this forum and not from an official source.
Old Apr 18th 2022, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

tasneempithawala is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone!
I am in the same boat as you guys. I have applied for spouse visa the initial application outside of the uk. I am currently in the 17 week mark. I got the same delay email from the ukvi saying that they will delay the application. I am waiting since December. How long is it you guys are waiting? Did you guys get any updates on our applications?
Old Apr 19th 2022, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Sir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond reputeSir Spangle has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, 17 weeks is not good! We are almost at the 13 week mark. Sounds like you are worst hit right now and we'll need to keep an eye on your timeline for guidance. Best of luck.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

Glendarino is an unknown quantity at this point

We’re just behind you starting week 16 I think it is. Applied near Xmas, and biometrics stuff was 6th January at Ottawa. All the usual delay rubbish at the moment. It’s a joke!
Old Apr 19th 2022, 5:23 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glendarino
We’re just behind you starting week 16 I think it is. Applied near Xmas, and biometrics stuff was 6th January at Ottawa. All the usual delay rubbish at the moment. It’s a joke!
Probably not much consolation, but every country is similar at the moment with the Covid backlog and the Ukraine situation. If you were doing it the other way around, you'd be looking at approx 20 months for a Canadian spousal visa, so the UK is still far quicker than other countries.

Good luck, I hope you get the visa approved soon.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

tasneempithawala is an unknown quantity at this point

Just emailed them today and the ukvi says no timescale can be provided. Still awaiting a decision!
hope and pray for everyone waiting. Will keep updating as soon as I hear anything from them.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Good luck everyone. Hopefully we're all contributing to the timelines thread. UK Spouse Visa STRICTLY TIMELINES ONLY - NO CHAT

If you do finally get an approval, please let everyone know, we need the hope!

Old Apr 19th 2022, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

My wife attended the biometrics appointment today (VFS, Edmonton, Canada) and was told that 3 months is still the typical processing time.

She was also told that she could visit the UK during the application and that if/when the visa was approved she would be asked via email to provide the VFS office with her passport and a Canadian mailing address. They would then mail the passport c/w vignette to the Canadian address who could subsequently mail in to her in the UK.

This was through text so I haven't directly spoken to my wife yet to clarify whether this came from the office directly or whether my wife led with this information.

Either way if it the process happens within the quoted 3 months my wife would still be in Canada regardless, after 3 months she will at some point become homeless in Canada as our house sale should be complete around that time. We'll have to decide whether to keep her in Canada somewhere like an Airbnb or bring her to the UK early. I will clarify this with my wife via a phone call later to know exactly how that conversation went.

Last edited by ArthurBrit; Apr 19th 2022 at 8:05 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

I'm guessing they're not in the loop with how backlogged things are in the UK.

It'd be great if she could keep her passport, that would've solved our problems entirely, but that just doesn't sound right. In the US you have to send in your passport with all other support documentation. Canada different?

I came to the UK around 8 - 9 week mark early and expected my wife to soon follow. It's looking like I'll be returning to be with her, and just wait it out there, she cannot travel anywhere without her passport.

Last edited by Sir Spangle; Apr 19th 2022 at 8:02 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

I'm guessing they're not in the loop with how backlogged things are in the UK.

It'd be great if she could keep her passport, that would've solved our problems entirely, but that just doesn't sound right. In the US you have to send in your passport with all other support documentation. Canada different?

I came to the UK around 8 - 9 week mark early and expected my wife to soon follow. It's looking like I'll be returning to be with her, and just wait it out there, she cannot travel anywhere without her passport.
There was a fee in order for her to keep the passport. From the text message my wife sent me it insinuated that because Canadians do not need a visa to enter the UK then it doesn't compromise the issuing of a new visa whilst she's in the UK as a tourist.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Interesting. Maybe it's a Commonwealth country thing? US citizens do not need a visa either (tourists can stay for 6 months without one) but there was no option to keep her passport as far as I'm aware. Be gutted if we missed that.
Old Apr 19th 2022, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Interesting. Maybe it's a Commonwealth country thing? US citizens do not need a visa either (tourists can stay for 6 months without one) but there was no option to keep her passport as far as I'm aware. Be gutted if we missed that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.