UK Spouse Visa / Unmarried Partner Visa?

Old Jul 26th 2017, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Elenasaysthx is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UK Spouse Visa / Unmarried Partner Visa?

Hi all, I'm new to this forum but have been looking at the threads.

I'm now holding a tier 5 youth mobility visa and living with my boyfriend since 2016 October, looking for changing the visa to unmarried partner visa. However, one of the requirements is "living together for at least 2 years", my visa will be expired in 2018 Sep, therefore I'd never meet this requirement.

Does it mean that i've to go for the spouse visa? However, I have to prove "you are a fiancée and will marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of arriving" which I don't think we will be getting married in the coming 6 months...

Beside this, I meet all the requirements (Financial)

Regarding this situation, which visa can I apply?

Thank you ever so much for all your help!
Old Jul 26th 2017, 2:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa / Unmarried Partner Visa?

You can apply for any visa for which you meet all the minimum requirements.

You can't get a cohabitating visa if you "meet all the requirements except for ....", so you need to find another visa for which you do meet all the requirements or leave the UK. Getting married, or planning to do so and getting a fiancée visa, would potentially make you visa eligible, and if you have a job already in the UK you would be in a stronger position because your continuing income would be included in the income requirements to support the fiancée/ spouse visa.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 6:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like you're less than a month short. Exactly how many days between when you started cohabiting and expiry date of your visa?
Old Jul 27th 2017, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pulaski
You can apply for any visa for which you meet all the minimum requirements.

You can't get a cohabitating visa if you "meet all the requirements except for ....", so you need to find another visa for which you do meet all the requirements or leave the UK. Getting married, or planning to do so and getting a fiancée visa, would potentially make you visa eligible, and if you have a job already in the UK you would be in a stronger position because your continuing income would be included in the income requirements to support the fiancée/ spouse visa.
Thank you for your information. It does help a lot!!
Old Jul 27th 2017, 9:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It looks like you're less than a month short. Exactly how many days between when you started cohabiting and expiry date of your visa?
we started living together since 2016 Oct 4 and my visa expires on the 28 Sep, 2018.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 9:48 am
Just Joined

I'm thinking to consult a solicitor but not sure does it really help....basically I stuck in the middle.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 8:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So less than a week. What was your situation before you moved in together? Were you already in a relationship? Had you lived together in any other country before the UK? What is your home country?
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
So less than a week. What was your situation before you moved in together? Were you already in a relationship? Had you lived together in any other country before the UK? What is your home country?
We are both student in UK before that so we didn't move in together (I live in student hall) but I did stay in his place quite a lot which can be proved by his housemates and mom (not sure if accepted by the government). It's not convincing enough, our house is a top up card system, therefore we don't have any bills sent to our house.... All I have is bank statement, phone bills, payslips, private mail.

I'm from Hong Kong.
Old Jul 28th 2017, 12:20 pm
Just Joined

Timeline:

2015 Dec - Dating
-----Can prove that we are still in a relationship-----
2016 Aug & Sep - I back to Hong Kong to get working visa
-----Can prove that we are still in a relationship-----
2016 Oct ~ Present - Back to UK, start living together
2017 Sep - Will travel together on a holiday
2018 Feb - Will back to Hong Kong together to visit my parents
2018 Late Sep - Visa will be expired