Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

A Non-Eu Spouse travelling to Europe Countries with a British Partner

A Non-Eu Spouse travelling to Europe Countries with a British Partner

Old Jul 27th 2017, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

britishfilipino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Non-Eu Spouse travelling to Europe Countries with a British Partner

Hi to all,

I just want to ask some sheds of light from you guys, I am a Non-EU Citizen currently in a civil partnership with a British Citizen. I am holding a BRP Card which permits me to work and stay here in the UK with my partner and the thing is we are planning to have a holiday vacation in Spain and France, Do I need to apply for a schengen visa? or am I excempted as I have a BRP card issued here in the UK and I am a spouse/partner of an EU Citizen in which I do believe that the UK is still part of EU as Brexit is not implemented yet? Can you advise me on this? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by britishfilipino; Jul 27th 2017 at 9:10 am.
Old Jul 27th 2017, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Non-Eu Spouse travelling to Europe Countries with a British Partner

Originally Posted by britishfilipino
Hi to all,

I just want to ask some sheds of light from you guys, I am a Non-EU Citizen currently in a civil partnership with a British Citizen. I am holding a BRP Card which permits me to work and stay here in the UK with my partner and the thing is we are planning to have a holiday vacation in Spain and France, Do I need to apply for a schengen visa? or am I excempted as I have a BRP card issued here in the UK and I am a spouse/partner of an EU Citizen in which I do believe that the UK is still part of EU as Brexit is not implemented yet? Can you advise me on this? Thank you in advance.
The UK is part of the EU but not the Schengen area. Therefore I believe you will need a Schengen visa issued from any EU country but preferably one you will visit during your trip. One visa for all the EU countries will suffice. So you can get the visa from the French Embassy and still visit Spain for example. Family members of an EU and UK Citizen will be issued the visa free of charge.

The French Embassy is one you can apply for the Schengen visa from.
You will need to provide your British Partners passport, your passport and BRP and your civil marriage certificate.. see links for more information.

https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/index.php

French Schengen Visa Appointments | France Embassy TLS Visa Appointment Booking Services
Old Jul 27th 2017, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: A Non-Eu Spouse travelling to Europe Countries with a British Partner

Originally Posted by angie_329
The UK is part of the EU but not the Schengen area. Therefore I believe you will need a Schengen visa issued from any EU country but preferably one you will visit during your trip. One visa for all the EU countries will suffice. So you can get the visa from the French Embassy and still visit Spain for example. Family members of an EU and UK Citizen will be issued the visa free of charge.

The French Embassy is one you can apply for the Schengen visa from.
You will need to provide your British Partners passport, your passport and BRP and your civil marriage certificate.. see links for more information.

https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/index.php

French Schengen Visa Appointments | France Embassy TLS Visa Appointment Booking Services
Thank you so much indeed. Very helpful!
Old Jul 27th 2017, 8:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/pag..._of_eu_citizen
Old Jul 28th 2017, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you BritInParis.