UK spouse VISA Cat 'C' Bank Statement Query

Old Feb 24th 2019, 10:39 am
wam
Forum Regular

wam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse VISA Cat 'C' Bank Statement Query

Hi Guys,

I need a quick help.

I am applying for the spouse visa next month. I am applying under Category C (Section 6.4) Financial Requirement (i.e. Using my PhD tax free stipend). I am planning to submit 7 months bank statements and corresponding 7 last payslips showing the amount being payed into my personal bank account.

However, I am confused about the point (ii) mentioned on Page 45 of FM 1.7 Appendix document:

(g) Maintenance grant or stipend income (not a loan) associated with
undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research:

(i) Documentation from the body or company awarding the grant or stipend confirming
that the person is currently in receipt of the grant or stipend or will be within 3 months of the date of application, confirming that the grant or stipend will be paid for a period of at least 12 months or at least one full academic year, from the date of application or from the date on which payment of the grant or stipend will commence, and confirming the annual amount of the grant or stipend. Where the grant or stipend is or will be paid on a tax-free basis, the gross equivalent amount may be counted as income.

(ii) Personal bank statements for any part of the 12-month period prior to the date of the application during which the person has been in receipt of the grant or stipend showing the income was paid into the person's account.

Would 7 months bank statement be acceptable in regard to the point (ii)?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Wam
Old Feb 24th 2019, 11:27 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spouse VISA Cat 'C' Bank Statement Query

Originally Posted by wam
Hi Guys,

I need a quick help.

I am applying for the spouse visa next month. I am applying under Category C (Section 6.4) Financial Requirement (i.e. Using my PhD tax free stipend). I am planning to submit 7 months bank statements and corresponding 7 last payslips showing the amount being payed into my personal bank account.

However, I am confused about the point (ii) mentioned on Page 45 of FM 1.7 Appendix document:

(g) Maintenance grant or stipend income (not a loan) associated with
undergraduate study or postgraduate study or research:

(i) Documentation from the body or company awarding the grant or stipend confirming
that the person is currently in receipt of the grant or stipend or will be within 3 months of the date of application, confirming that the grant or stipend will be paid for a period of at least 12 months or at least one full academic year, from the date of application or from the date on which payment of the grant or stipend will commence, and confirming the annual amount of the grant or stipend. Where the grant or stipend is or will be paid on a tax-free basis, the gross equivalent amount may be counted as income.

(ii) Personal bank statements for any part of the 12-month period prior to the date of the application during which the person has been in receipt of the grant or stipend showing the income was paid into the person's account.

Would 7 months bank statement be acceptable in regard to the point (ii)?

Thanks.

Kind Regards,
Wam
If your stipend was only paid for the 7 months prior to your application date, then 7 months of bank statements showing the stipend deposits is fine. If you've been getting the stipend for more than 7 months you need to provide the corresponding bank statements, up to 12 months prior to your application date.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 11:38 am
wam
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply "spouse of scouse".

A following question, I have been getting the stipend prior to the last 7 months but I got a rise in my stipend 7 months ago which is why I was planning to submit that part of statement only since the financial requirement is relaying on the increased stipend amount. So, even in this case I should be submitting for whole 12 months and explain that in the notes?

Thanks.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 12:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wam
Thanks for the reply "spouse of scouse".

A following question, I have been getting the stipend prior to the last 7 months but I got a rise in my stipend 7 months ago which is why I was planning to submit that part of statement only since the financial requirement is relaying on the increased stipend amount. So, even in this case I should be submitting for whole 12 months and explain that in the notes?

Thanks.
Please be aware that I'm not an immigration professional, so this is only my opinion. As the form specifically requests corresponding bank statements for your stipend income over the 12 months prior to applying, I think you need to supply them. As the body/company paying the stipend needs to provide a letter stating that your stipend of x amount will continue to be paid for at least 12 months after the date of your application, then as long as the 'x' amount meets the financial requirements you shouldn't have a problem. It wouldn't hurt if you included a brief note about the increase in the stipend amount 7 months ago.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Feb 24th 2019 at 12:20 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 12:16 pm
wam
Forum Regular

Thanks.