Waiting Times - Priority Settlement Visa UK

Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

jacnix86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Waiting Times - Priority Settlement Visa UK

Hi all,

I've applied for a priority settlement visa - I'm 7 months pregnant and on day 27 of the 30 BD timeline given. I'm starting to get really nervous that this is going to drag on forever. How long has everyone waited recently?

Settlement Visa - Priority
Biometrics - 15th January 2019
Australian National but applied from Ireland
Email saying that it was being processed by a clearance officer - 4th February 2019
Email requesting an extra document - 15th February 2019

The 30 BD will be up on February 26th. I've read you can "escalate" after the 30 days but I'm not sure what it entails? Any advice greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waiting Times - Priority Settlement Visa UK

Ireland? Is your husband British? Have you been living together in Ireland? What’s your current immigration status?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Hiya,

Yes my husband is British. We met in London while I was living in the UK on a working holiday visa - it expired in 2017. I went back to Australia but the long distance was getting difficult so I'm now in Ireland on a working holiday visa. He lives in London still - for work purposes but comes to Dublin as much as possible.

Last edited by jacnix86; Feb 21st 2019 at 3:14 pm. Reason: Forgot Information
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacnix86
Hiya,

Yes my husband is British. We met in London while I was living in the UK on a working holiday visa - it expired in 2017. I went back to Australia but the long distance was getting difficult so I'm now in Ireland on a working holiday visa.
But he’s living and working in the UK?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Correct - he's a self employed Musician living in London.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:17 pm

Correct - he's a self employed Musician living in London.
Okay. How are you meeting the financial requirements and what was the extra document that was requested? How long have you been married?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

We were married at the start of December 2018. I found out I was pregnant in September.

We are meeting the financial requirements Part 3c, category F, Self- employment. He makes well over the threshold of 18,600

I gave them;
Most recent tax return
12 months personal bank statements
Invoices for 2017/2018
letter from a qualified accountant
Upcoming contracts and invoices for 2019 to provide evidence of on going self employment (he has been self-employed for 10 years)

The document I forgot - which was COMPLETELY MY FAULT was the Sa-302 from the online HMRC portal. I put the tax return in but forgot that...!
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:27 pm

When did you provide the SA-302?
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

They requested it Friday afternoon 15th February and it was sent to them Monday morning 18th February.
Old Feb 21st 2019, 3:47 pm

Okay, so they’ve only just received it. I wouldn’t worry too much at the moment.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

They requested it Friday afternoon 15th February and it was sent to them Monday morning 18th February.
Usualky when they are requesting docs it’s a positive and means someone is looking at the docs the decision email will come soon after.

good luck
Old Feb 24th 2019, 2:20 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Sammy2018;12642623]

Usualky when they are requesting docs it’s a positive and means someone is looking at the docs the decision email will come soon after.

good luck
Thank You Sammy - I decided on Friday night to send the escalation email as I had read it takes two days for them to respond to it and I got an email back this morning saying they’d tracked the application and it has been processed and a decision has been made and I should get the email tomorrow!

Also - I’ve been following your journey - Congratulations! I know it was a longer time for you and I’m so glad you’ve made it!
Old Feb 24th 2019, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=jacnix86;12642936]
Originally Posted by Sammy2018

good luck
Thank You Sammy - I decided on Friday night to send the escalation email as I had read it takes two days for them to respond to it and I got an email back this morning saying they’d tracked the application and it has been processed and a decision has been made and I should get the email tomorrow!

Also - I’ve been following your journey - Congratulations! I know it was a longer time for you and I’m so glad you’ve made it!
Wonderful news !!
Once you get the decision made email you will then be tracking UPS .
For us UPS triggered early evening it was actually picked up at 4:50pm. If you have UPS next day air docs and passport usually arrive back around 10:30am if not before

We are traveling to the UK this evening and arrive tomorrow and I just read it’s 63 degrees in Manchester today .. not bad for winter