UK Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirements

Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:08 pm
Just Joined

sarahb083 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirements

Hello! I'm applying for a visa for my husband for us to come back to the UK (we're currently living in the US). We have met the financial requirement (with my current job and a job offer), but I'm worried about the accommodation requirement. Has anyone been able to successfully apply with a hotel booking? I do have family we could stay with, but it looks like there are quite a few requirements for that:

1. Sponsor Undertaking on maintenance and accommodation.
2. Certified copy of deeds of the sponsor’s house.
3. Housing association rent book / council letter, to confirm address of sponsor.
4. Bill from utility company like electric, gas, etc, to confirm address of sponsor.
5. Local authority letter (council tax).
6. Letter from local MP.
7. Surveyors report / letter from housing association, about house size, number of rooms, telling the number of inhabitants does not violate terms of overcrowding.
8. No Objection Letter from housing association saying they have no objection to the stay of the applicant.
9. Birth certificates of children staying in the house along with proof that they live there such as any letters from school etc.
10. Photos of every room.
11. Evidence of payment of house rent from housing benefit, rent account statements.
12. Tenancy Agreement.

That seems like a lot! A letter from a local mp?! Please help!

Thanks!
Old Mar 24th 2014, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa Accommodation Requirements

wow...that is a long list.
Probably not much help but I am getting ready to apply myself for my USC wife visa. We will move into a house which was owned by my dad who sadly died last year leaving the house to my sister and me. This is what we plan to include for the accom requirements:
-letter from my sis saying she agrees to my family living there and size of house.
-deeds to the house (still in dads name)
-my dads will and probate form (to show the house now belongs to us)
-council tax bill (in sisters and my name)
Cheers
Nigel