UK Souse Visa with a criminal record

Old Jul 30th 2022, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

thedtjs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Souse Visa with a criminal record

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are about to apply for a spouse visa for her to move here from the USA. She is a US citezen and I am a British citizen.

She had a misdemeanor on her record and was told it would be wiped from her record in one year from the date she received it. This was in 2019 and has been removed.

We want to be transparent so we are thinking we should add it into her application just to be clear.

My question is, what should we include and do we need to add any documents to support it? She doesn't have any documents but she's going to try to go to the courthouse to see if they still have anything.

I'm thinking we should add the date of the misdemeanor along with description and the fact that it's wiped from her record.

She did also go to jail for one night so we're unsure whether this will affect anything or not.

Thanks for any insights.

Old Sep 21st 2022, 11:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Souse Visa with a criminal record

You should mention it on the application form but it shouldn’t affect the outcome of the application.