UK Police from outside UK

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future
Default Re: UK Police from outside UK

Well cripes! I got a reply back and the photocopies have to be notarized by eiher a lawyer, solicitor or justice of the peace. So I reckon I'll send them my original birth certificate and a gas/elec bill!!! I hate being without my passport whilst I'm over here.

As far as UK cheque is concerned, she answered that the only way would be to get a sterling bank draft.

Back to the drawing board!
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:56 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gigiola
. So I reckon I'll send them my original birth certificate and a gas/elec bill!!!
Make sure they don't insist on photo ID. The Met wanted it, though gawd knows how they could have told it was really me as I was applying from overseas.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 3:57 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Why don't you get the Brit Consulate to notarise your passport.

Contact - The British Consulate [email protected]

Plaza Mayor 3d
Palma de Mallorca
Tel: (0034) 971 712445
Fax:: (0034) 971 717520
Old Oct 24th 2004, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

Gigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant futureGigiola has a brilliant future

Think I'll follow your advice here Sibsie. I'm sure they will be delighted to help me. Especially after I mailed them the other day to tell them they were giving an incorrect answer to my question !!

Good thing I haven't been to post office yet!
Old Oct 24th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

hopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the roughhopelessinks is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Gigiola
Well cripes! I got a reply back and the photocopies have to be notarized by eiher a lawyer, solicitor or justice of the peace. So I reckon I'll send them my original birth certificate and a gas/elec bill!!! I hate being without my passport whilst I'm over here.

As far as UK cheque is concerned, she answered that the only way would be to get a sterling bank draft.

Back to the drawing board!
HI

can't you just use a public notary? they have the same notorising powers as the rest...don't they?

I got some things notarised through one of the grocery stores here...it cost me $3 a shot, but it was worth it.. look into it...I wouldn't want to sent any originals either!

J
Old Oct 24th 2004, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi hopelessinks,

A notary is quite a different beast over here. Someone who has studied law and then gone on to study some more! And he/she loves to charge big $$ for the services! So, we avoid them if possible.

[
Old Oct 24th 2004, 5:45 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally Posted by hopelessinks
HI

can't you just use a public notary? they have the same notorising powers as the rest...don't they?

I got some things notarised through one of the grocery stores here...it cost me $3 a shot, but it was worth it.. look into it...I wouldn't want to sent any originals either!

J
She's in Spain so they'd want a translation of the notarised docs, and notaries are very expensive in Spain and a bit of a hassle.