UK Passports for my kids, couple of questions

Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Taff67 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Passports for my kids, couple of questions

First post! I've been living in Florida since 1987. My wife (married in 96) is an American and we have 5 children, all US born, ages 2-14. I've just about had enough of it here and plan to return home in a year or so. The wife aside, I was told that my kids are considered British by decent from me -- so do I simply just fill out the necessary passport forms for them (form C2 by the looks of it) and send off to Washington or is there some other citizenship paperwork that has to be taken care of beforehand? Thanks very much.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:39 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passports for my kids, couple of questions

You can apply directly for passports for them, or you can also get them registration of birth abroad certificates, that would prove their UK citizenship should the passports be lost and they need to prove citizenship, but it does cost a bit. Especially with so many kids.
Also make sure all the birth certificates you send in for the kids are the first ones issued (less than 3 months after birth) or they may ask for further proof that that they are your birth children and not adopted (thats a whole other ball of wax and involves getting them UK citizenship first)
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

Taff67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the quick reply - my head is starting to spin reading all the info on the various sites! Hopefully this should be quite straightforward then - cost aside Think I'll do the 2 older kids first as a "trail run" LOL. Yes we have their original birth certificates etc.
I feel like am am standing at the tip of the iceberg on this little venture - 25yrs in the US is a long time and there is much to do!!
Old Oct 15th 2011, 9:11 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

We are moving back after 26 years luckily we got the kids passports and registrations done as they were born, so that bit is all sorted.
Good luck with the applications. I hope it goes smoothly.