UK Passport renewal photo & courier question

Old Sep 14th 2012, 4:56 pm
Expert ping ponger

HighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK Passport renewal photo & courier question

Ok I am hoping somebody can help me here. I have been to two Walgreens now, to have my passport photos taken. However on both occasions they printed them out on 2" x 2" cards. They don't seem to know anything about the UK passport photo size. Therefore should I cut the 2" x 2" to the UK Passport photo requirement of being 35mm x 45mm? The current passport photo has my head dimensions correct, in terms of being within the 29-34mm for the distance from my chin to the crown of my head.

Another question related to the passport renewal, have any of you used USPS with confirmation delivery or have most of you used the courier services of UPS/FedEx/DHL to send the passport renewal forms off?
Old Sep 14th 2012, 6:25 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport renewal photo & courier question

Doesn't matter about photo size, it gets cut down to size when being processed, just make sure the pic meets the other requirements. Don't cut the picture down yourself.

As for sending the thing, people have used all kinds of service and most don't have a problem, so whatever you're most comfortable with. It's not like a extra day here or there on delivery time will make any over all difference to processing times anyway.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 6:29 pm
Expert ping ponger

HighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeHighlandPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
Doesn't matter about photo size, it gets cut down to size when being processed, just make sure the pic meets the other requirements. Don't cut the picture down yourself.

As for sending the thing, people have used all kinds of service and most don't have a problem, so whatever you're most comfortable with. It's not like a extra day here or there on delivery time will make any over all difference to processing times anyway.
Thanks Bob. That puts my mind at rest. Now just have to hope the passport gets here before any trips come December.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

kateg60 is an unknown quantity at this point

I cut my to size and they were fine. Sent with USPS delivery confirmation and got it in 2 weeks.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 4:09 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I bought this software ages ago and have actually used it for pictures other than for passports. It works great

http://passportphotostudio.com
Old Sep 15th 2012, 8:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I bought this software ages ago and have actually used it for pictures other than for passports. It works great

http://passportphotostudio.com
http://www.epassportphoto.com/

That will do the same for free and then get the pics printed where ever you fancy. I got my printed at Target.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 8:46 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
http://www.epassportphoto.com/

That will do the same for free and then get the pics printed where ever you fancy. I got my printed at Target.
Yep I've used that, but for some reason it didn't like my Mac too much and the pics were always the wrong size. But I've found the other one really useful and printed the pics at home. Horses for courses