UK Passport - confused about form c1

Old Oct 7th 2012, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

renaen591 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Passport - confused about form c1

hi there, I'm really sorry to be another person asking about the uk passport application, but I'mconfused. Ok, so my mum was born in uk, dad born in australia, as far as I know, this entitles me to british citizenship...now, my mum isn't the most communicative and the application asks for her passport number. I asked her, she said she won't tell me. Abit of a bummer, so, is there any way around this? I wasn't included on her passport because I never travelled with her, does that matter? I have my fathers' uk passport number, that he got through descent from his father, but I'm not applying through him. god, I'm so confused, some help would be very much appreciated. btw, I can't contact the british embassy by phone as I don't have a credit card and my debit card is out of money until payday.
Old Oct 8th 2012, 12:30 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: confused about form c1

Hi renaen591,

Welcome to BE.

The Welcome Inn is really for introductions so I am going to move your question to our Australia forum for you.

Just to clarify, were you born before or after 31st December 1982
Old Oct 8th 2012, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

renaen591 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok thank you. yep i was born 1990
Old Oct 8th 2012, 11:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renaen591
hi there, I'm really sorry to be another person asking about the uk passport application, but I'mconfused. Ok, so my mum was born in uk, dad born in australia, as far as I know, this entitles me to british citizenship...now, my mum isn't the most communicative and the application asks for her passport number. I asked her, she said she won't tell me. Abit of a bummer, so, is there any way around this? I wasn't included on her passport because I never travelled with her, does that matter? I have my fathers' uk passport number, that he got through descent from his father, but I'm not applying through him. god, I'm so confused, some help would be very much appreciated. btw, I can't contact the british embassy by phone as I don't have a credit card and my debit card is out of money until payday.
Not everyone has a passport. If you don't know her passport number then you put "unknown" for that question.
Old Oct 9th 2012, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

If she won't give you her passport number I hope she will give you a copy of her birth certificate as that is going to be key documentation. As the others have said just put DK for passport number
Old Oct 10th 2012, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport - confused about form c1

Mother's birth certificate will be key. It is not necessary to have her cooperation; though it will likely save you time and money if she is helpful.

If you know her date of birth (exact is best, but within a year either way will do) and her exact name (maiden name if applicable) then you can simply apply online for a copy to be mailed to you.
http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ce...ngCertificates

Your mother's exact name should be on your own birth certificate. As long as you have the exact name and approximate date or exact date and approximate name then they can track it down for you.

One way or another get an official copy of her birth certificate before you apply for the passport.