Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK Partner Visa - relying on savings, do I also need a job offer?

UK Partner Visa - relying on savings, do I also need a job offer?

Old Jan 13th 2023, 2:54 pm
lrk
Just Joined

lrk is an unknown quantity at this point
Post UK Partner Visa - relying on savings, do I also need a job offer?

First time poster so hope this is in the right place!
Our situation: I'm a British citizen living in the Netherlands, planning to return to the UK with my Belgian partner and our son. We're in the process of gathering what we need for the partner visa application.

We want to get the visa sorted ahead of applying for jobs for my partner, and I plan to freelance when I get back to the UK. So we are relying on savings as our proof of income. We meet the threshold of £62,500. However I have just read that as the sponsor returning to the UK, I need to have a job offer for a role starting within 3 months of my return. Does this apply even if you meet the savings threshold?
I'm very confused.

On that note, did anyone successfully get an approved visa application without help from a lawyer? The more I look into it, the more worried I become, leaving me wondering whether we should fork out for proper support...
Old Jan 13th 2023, 2:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Partner Visa - relying on savings, do I also need a job offer?

Originally Posted by lrk
First time poster so hope this is in the right place!
Our situation: I'm a British citizen living in the Netherlands, planning to return to the UK with my Belgian partner and our son. We're in the process of gathering what we need for the partner visa application.

We want to get the visa sorted ahead of applying for jobs for my partner, and I plan to freelance when I get back to the UK. So we are relying on savings as our proof of income. We meet the threshold of £62,500. However I have just read that as the sponsor returning to the UK, I need to have a job offer for a role starting within 3 months of my return. Does this apply even if you meet the savings threshold?
I'm very confused.

On that note, did anyone successfully get an approved visa application without help from a lawyer? The more I look into it, the more worried I become, leaving me wondering whether we should fork out for proper support...
If you meet the financial requirement through savings (as you appear to do, as long as you've held that amount for a minimum of 6 months before applying), then no job offer is required.

Most people on this forum successfully did their own applications, you can ask questions on the forum if there's anything you're not sure about.

Ps, welcome to British Expats

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 13th 2023 at 3:01 pm.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 4:05 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

The savings and income routes to sponsor a family member for a visa are mutually exclusive, you need one or the other not both.
Old Jan 13th 2023, 5:15 pm
lrk
Just Joined

lrk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
If you meet the financial requirement through savings (as you appear to do, as long as you've held that amount for a minimum of 6 months before applying), then no job offer is required.

Most people on this forum successfully did their own applications, you can ask questions on the forum if there's anything you're not sure about.

Ps, welcome to British Expats
Thanks so much! Appreciate it ☺️