UK Marriage Visa Relationship proof advice needed.

Old Jul 18th 2021, 6:22 pm
Just Joined

Atomizer_Zero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Marriage Visa Relationship proof advice needed.

Hi all. So I'm a bit confused about how I should go about gathering up proof of relationship from chat logs. Me and my loved one have an extensively long chat history on Whatsapp, Facebook messenger and Discord. I know you can export the chats from whatsapp and messenger, but discord doesn't have that option. Should I take screen shots of the conversations? if so, how much should I take? one screenshot for each month? each week? multiple per week??

Also, once I've gathered all this, how do you submit it for the application? printed on paper or burned to a CD or transfered to a USB drive or what?

Lastly, should both me and my partner gather evidence of our convo's or is all from one person enough?

Any and all help you can give regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

EDIT: oh sorry, I posted this in the wrong section. It was supposed to go in "Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)"

Last edited by Atomizer_Zero; Jul 18th 2021 at 6:25 pm. Reason: to highlight that I realised I posted it in the wrong section..
Old Jul 18th 2021, 6:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Marriage Visa Relationship proof advice needed.

Just getr married ?
Old Jul 18th 2021, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

Are you saying that conversations aren't necessary for proof of relationship?
Old Jul 19th 2021, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atomizer_Zero
Are you saying that conversations aren't necessary for proof of relationship?
What visa are you applying for?

What is the basis of your relationship? How long have you known one another? How many times have you met?
If you have only proof of internet conversations that does not provide proof of genuine relationship.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 5:26 am
Just Joined

We're going to apply for spouse visa.
We havent married yet. That's not going to happen until like, 2023 i guess? depends on covid. we've known eachother for 8 months. We haven't physically met yet, again, because covid.
We are going to gather more proof over time. The main reason for asking these questions is because i dont want to risk losing our conversations, if it's important for proof in like, 2 years time. (it nearly happened once before)
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

FlameAura is an unknown quantity at this point

How are you going to apply for a spouse visa if you have not married yet?

Why is Covid stopping you from getting married, or just meeting? I met my LDR girlfriend in January in a 3rd country and will be meeting her again next month in a different country to get married. No covid excuse.

I would focus on meeting and having pics together, that will be better proof than online convos.

As you haven't met yet I don't see how you can consider them your 'love' or even having a 'relationship', so forget spouse visas and at least meet before you start making long term plans.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 1:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by FlameAura
How are you going to apply for a spouse visa if you have not married yet?

Why is Covid stopping you from getting married, or just meeting? I met my LDR girlfriend in January in a 3rd country and will be meeting her again next month in a different country to get married. No covid excuse.

I would focus on meeting and having pics together, that will be better proof than online convos.

As you haven't met yet I don't see how you can consider them your 'love' or even having a 'relationship', so forget spouse visas and at least meet before you start making long term plans.
This is all perfectly fair. I'm just preparing.
She lives in the Philippines and I'm in the UK. I have no way of visiting her during this pandemic. Unless I'm missing something?? Is visit right now if I'm able.

To be honest, I appreciate what you are saying, but that's upto us to work out.

Old Jul 19th 2021, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Atomizer_Zero
This is all perfectly fair. I'm just preparing.
She lives in the Philippines and I'm in the UK. I have no way of visiting her during this pandemic. Unless I'm missing something?? Is visit right now if I'm able.

To be honest, I appreciate what you are saying, but that's upto us to work out.

As already said you cannot apply for a spouse visa until you are actually married.
No point in gathering any evidence of relationship until such time as you have actually met.
Research on Philippines website as to travel requirements.
Old Jul 19th 2021, 3:50 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Forgot about applying for any type of visa until you have met. An unmarried partner visa would require to cohabit for at least two years so that’s out. A spouse visa would obviously require you to be married. A fiancée visa may be a possibility after you have met but likely to be heavily scrutinised if your entire relationship until this point has been conducted online.
Old Jul 20th 2021, 12:48 am
Just Joined

blitzin is an unknown quantity at this point

I do think you're approaching this correctly about collecting proofs of relationship. (I agree with others that perhaps you should be gearing yourself up for a fiancé visa, though).

You'll probably need to butress online chats with receipts from actually meeting (don't know how you'll do this but you'll figure out something). Airplane tickets, photos together over time, receipts from joint activities, etc. This isn't going to be something you can compile on the spot. It's going to take some doing. I think i read somewhere recently about a 2 year history but maybe I'm thinking of singing else.