UK Fiance visa - income requirement question

Old May 18th 2019, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

dav123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Fiance visa - income requirement question

I hope someone can help as I'm a little confused as to how to declare my income (I'm the sponsor) on the Appendix 2 VAF4A form.

I've been employed at the same company for over 2 years, and I was on a variable salary which was paid according to volume of work I did. This always exceeded the £1550 required per month, but it could go up and down according to how much work I did. 2 months ago I was promoted and now receive a fixed salary of over £25000 p/a.

Could someone please advise how to express this on the application form. Since I've been with the same employer for over 6 months I'm assuming I go with Category A. But since the last 2 months are in a fixed salary, and the previous 4 were non-fixed salary, I don't know what exactly to declare as my annual income?

Any help is much appreciated!
Old May 19th 2019, 12:00 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Fiance visa - income requirement question

Go Category B now or wait four months to go for Category A.
Old May 19th 2019, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

dav123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Go Category B now or wait four months to go for Category A.
Thanks for that BritInParis.

I’ll go with Cat B then as we don’t want to wait another 4 months.

So in terms of filling out the form, do you think the below is fine?

3.11 What is your sponsor’s annual income from this employment before tax? My current salary from new job

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above,
continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)
Yes If ‘Yes’ go to 3.21 No If ‘No’ go to 3.13 No (I am with the same employer but just haven’t been earning my current salary for 6 months)

3.20 What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12 months prior to the application?
So this is just the sum total of all my payslips from the last 12 months (gross income)? So the past 2 months of payslips in my fixed salary job, and the previous 10 months of payslips on my variable salary?

The reason I am confused is because I’ve seen a calculation for variable salaries which adds up all payslips from past 6 months, divides by 6 and times by 12 to give an ‘annual salary’ figure. But I guess that’s not applicable now that I’m on a fixed salary?
Old Jun 19th 2019, 11:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you’re going Cat B then it’s your actual earnings from the previous twelve months prior to application in addition to your current annual salary. If both those figures are over £18,600 then you’ll meet the financial requirements.