ToR form

Old Apr 7th 2019, 2:33 am
Just Joined

TanyaM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ToR form

I have 2 questions, if I’m moving back before my hubby, and his visa still isn’t through, can I just complete the ToR in my name? do I need to wait for his visa in order to include him? (I’m counting that as a single question).

Also, it says we should have owned everything for longer than 6 months. Well, we buy things all the time, I can’t recall when I bought all of my books. Many were prior to the last 6 months, but some were bought recently. Same as my board games (we have a huge collection of kids books and board games that we are taking back because we homeschool and bought these items for that reason). How strict is this 6 month requirement?

oh, and a third. It mentions invoices etc., but we don’t have any. The most expensive things we will be taking are a $200 microscope I bought from amazon about 2 years ago, and my vitamix (will be taking an inverter or whatever it is they’re called, hubby keeps telling me but I forget) which was about $500 a couple years ago. Everything else are kids books, board games, the kids art and art supplies, and a few personal possessions (my kids first blankets, some of their stuffed toys), oh and my dog (2.5 years old, pet passport in progress, do have all of his paperwork). Will the lack of invoices be a problem?
Old Apr 9th 2019, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ToR form

Hi Tanya,

We did not have to provide any invoices when we applied last October. We applied in my husband's name, but we submitted the application after I received my visa. I am not sure if you could do it beforehand. The process was very quick and only took a couple of days to receive approval.

We had to include copies of our passports, my entry clearance sticker, evidence of living outside the UK (rental agreement, utility bills, etc), evidence of an address in the UK and a list of items we would like to take back along with a rough valuation of each. No evidence to show everything was over 6 months old.

For some documents which we could not provide (eg. job contract in the UK), we checked with HMRC using their web chat and were told to include a cover letter explaining such details.

Keep in mind that the email with attachments should be less than 10MB. You can send them multiple emails if your documents will exceed that size.

Hope this is of some help.