Timing of Spousal Visa

Old Oct 18th 2021, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

Goinghome70 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timing of Spousal Visa

So, prior to Covid, the date that was on one's vignette was 30 days but at present is 90. I think that's great and a lot more realistic as far as sorting house sales out, leases on homes, packing, timing shipping etc. But, am I to understand that it could change in mid process. We want to apply for my American husband's Spousal visa, at last! However, we are pulling our hair out, of just how we are going to do due to the uncertainty of the application time. 12 weeks or 60 working days is what the UK Gov says. But, I have read it can take longer and some people have even got it in 20 or 30 working days. What do you think, would the UK Gov are going to change it anytime soon and would they really change it at the drop of a hat? Thanks, just a little anxious about it all.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 9:44 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timing of Spousal Visa

Are you talking about the process for getting approval for your US husband to reside in the UK? You are in a forum for UK husbands to come to the US! Perhaps you might find the info you need in the Moving Back to the UK section of BE.
Old Oct 25th 2021, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

Goinghome70 is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh right, thank you.
Old Oct 25th 2021, 11:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You can specify an entry date up to three months of advance of your submission date and you’ll get a 90 day vignette starting on that date or the date of grant, whichever is later. Standard processing times are heavily dependent on Home Office workloads and manpower. If you want more certainty then you can pay extra for priority processing.