UK Citizen & AU wife

Old Oct 27th 2021, 5:17 am
Just Joined

mrsmorrow28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Citizen & AU wife

Hello everyone!

I have a few things I wanted to seek clarity on and was hoping I may get some answers here
Our situation:
Husband is UK Citizen and AU perm resident
I am AU Citizen and have been to UK under the Youth visa previously
Currently pregnant with our first baby, who we will arrange dual citizenship for
We are looking to move back to the UK in Jan 2023 to start the slog towards citizenship for me

Is it correct that we will have to complete 1x spouse visas (inc healthcare surcharge), 1x spouse extension (inc healthcare surcharge), 1x ILR application to then be immediately eligible for Citizenship as we are married, so no 12 month wait required?
He is self employed & can demonstrate the financial requirement but is the evidence different for self employed individuals?
How long on average does the processing take for spouse, extension, ILR and Citizenship?
Can we leave bub off the application as we intend to have British passport for her before we go through this process?
How long after approval of spouse visa do you have to enter the UK? Is there a specific date?

Thank you & Sorry for the questions
Old Oct 27th 2021, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Citizen & AU wife

Is it correct that we will have to complete 1x spouse visas (inc healthcare surcharge), 1x spouse extension (inc healthcare surcharge), 1x ILR application to then be immediately eligible for Citizenship as we are married, so no 12 month wait required?

You apply for the initial visa which is for 2.5 years, you then extend this for another 2.5 years (and pay health charge at each application). At the 5 year mark you apply for Indefinite leave to Remain - then you apply for citizenship. So 5 years minimum

He is self employed & can demonstrate the financial requir
ement but is the evidence different for self employed individuals?

Read sections 7 and 8 of following document https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence
Basically one must show that one earned the necessary minimum financial requirement under self employment in the 12 months up to application and also show that self employment will continue and will again meet financial requirements

Processing for initial visa takes around 12 weeks unless you pay for priority service.

You don't have to include the child in your application

Once approved you'll usually get 90 days to enter the UK from the date you input as to when you would like to enter the UK ie you apply in March to move in June and you'll have 90 days from June to move.

Old Oct 28th 2021, 12:00 am
Just Joined

mrsmorrow28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Citizen & AU wife

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl View Post

You apply for the initial visa which is for 2.5 years, you then extend this for another 2.5 years (and pay health charge at each application). At the 5 year mark you apply for Indefinite leave to Remain - then you apply for citizenship. So 5 years minimum

So it is those 4x application fees... ugh so expensive compared to AU haha

Thank you very much for your help